Disabling iTunes Auto-tagging...can it be done?
    Tech Mentor

Default Disabling iTunes Auto-tagging...can it be done?

So I've finally gotten into the habit of rating my music to create smart playlists using the stars in addition to genre/artist/etc...However, very recently, iTunes has started rating tracks FOR ME. I read up (as much as you can "read up" in the iTunes help/online support) on it, and couldn't find a way to get rid of these hollow stars that are seemingly arbitrarily assigned to my music. I've tried rating the song myself, then removing the rating all together, but it just reverts back to the auto-rating. Has anybody else run in to this problem or perhaps found a solution? Thanks in advance for the help.

PS. I'm running iTunes 10.5 on Snow Leopard.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

iTunes rating songs for you? I've never heard of this, and I'm using iTunes on 64-bit W7. There might be something in the tags already. Not sure if it's for Macs, but I use mp3tag to process tags of large quantities of tracks.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻