loop recorder starts on play start
    Tech Wizard

Default loop recorder starts on play start

Ran into a strange issue recently with TSP2 and my S4, where after I open traktor, load a track into any deck and hit play, the loop recorder automatically starts recording. I've looked through my settings menu (albeit briefly, and I'm at work now so I can't check it immediately) but I didn't find anything that would indicate a loop recorder auto-start or anything.

Anyone have any ideas how to turn this behavior off? I've already tried deleting all mappings and then re-adding the default S4 mapping to no avail.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Tech Mentor

Do you have a footswitch hooked up? I've been noticing this happening recently and thought that it might have something to do with the footswitch but wasn't sure.

Tech Wizard

Indeed I do, a Boss FS-5U. When I get home tonight I'll try starting Traktor without the footswitch connected to the S4, and try flipping the polarity to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks much! I hadn't even thought of that!
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Tech Mentor

I have the same switch and it never happened before I got it so I assumed that was what caused the loop recorder to just start up. The switch is probably engaged still when we're starting up Traktor I assume.
    Last edited by Tha Gooch; 11-11-2011 at 05:52 PM.