Experiences or Any Knowledge on the Stanton Str8-60 Turntables?
    Tech Mentor

Default Experiences or Any Knowledge on the Stanton Str8-60 Turntables?

I plan to get these this weekend for a trade for my Mixtrack and DJ IO. They have Stanton Craze cartridges but I'm not sure if those are the stock carts or not. I can't really find information on em but I know someone around here can tell me something. Even if it just about the Str8 line of TTs let me know. I'm urgently needing some opinions on them as fast as possible. I'm going to use them on DVS with my VMS4 on VDJ. Like I said I'm desperate for advice so don't be afraid to post! Thanks!

They're beginner tables. You can scratch on them IF you have light touch AND have good slipmat. FYI there's not really difference between the T60's & T 62's, same torque. Search youtube to see people using the T-60's or T-62.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1YWmTl5V4I

Haroon Al Qahtani has a vid talking about T-60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0izRWGxxmg

Tech Guru

I'm not sure I would consider any Stanton turntable below a T.92 acceptable for DJ use. However, the T.92 and up are quality kit.

Tech Mentor

Um...I'm talking about the Stanton Str8-60s. I'm pretty sure the Str8 have a better reputation, especially because of the low torque on the T.62 and T.60. The Str8-60's look more like Technics with the straight tone arm and the way the layout/buttons look. That's all I know on the Str8-60s though. That's why I've come here. Thanks for posting though!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I'm not sure I would consider any Stanton turntable below a T.92 acceptable for DJ use. However, the T.92 and up are quality kit.
    Really? I remember on DJF the reviews said that the Stanton Str8-50 and up are decent turntables. I wish I could read them again because that's all I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by roshanbhoj View Post
    Really? I remember on DJF the reviews said that the Stanton Str8-50 and up are decent turntables. I wish I could read them again because that's all I remember.
    There's a pair of str8-80s with needles for $125 on craigslist like an hour and 20 min from me I want to grab but it is a drive...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by roshanbhoj View Post
    Opinions vary I suppose, but my personal opinion is that only the T.92 and up provide an experience at all similar to a 1200. I think the T.120s (if you can find them) and both models of the 150 are superior decks and well worth the money. But I would never steer anyone towards any of the lower Stanton decks.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    There's a pair of str8-80s with needles for $125 on craigslist like an hour and 20 min from me I want to grab but it is a drive...
    Seriously? I'm not able to sell my Numark Mixtrack and DJ equipment because of the area I live in. No one is really interested and equipment is hard to come by on CL. Surprisingly I found a guy who would trade for the Stanton Str8-60s with Craze needles for the Numark Mixtrack and DJ IO. After like 2 months of no luck this came up. So I'm thinking I better take the opportunity.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Opinions vary I suppose, but my personal opinion is that only the T.92 and up provide an experience at all similar to a 1200. I think the T.120s (if you can find them) and both models of the 150 are superior decks and well worth the money. But I would never steer anyone towards any of the lower Stanton decks.
    Well I guess for the time being it'll be okay. I know they're better than the T.62s and T.60. The Str8 are old models like the Technics(as far as I know) and if they still are running strong now then that has to show you something.