lap top getting hot

Default lap top getting hot

hey all i have numark v7s and a macbook pro they sit in an odyssey case nd it is lined with that ruff rug material.. i noticed my macbook gets really hot on the bottom after like a 3 or 4 hour session.. can that cause internal problems for the computer or is that just the battery getting hot?

Do you and your laptop a favor and get a laptop stand of some sort that will allow your MB to have proper ventilation.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Also clean the vents on the bottom out, as there is probably carpet lint in them now.

Tech Mentor

I don't know too much about computers but I do know they put fan and air vents in computers for a reason.
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

Tech Mentor

Do you have a stand for it? I know my Macbook gets hot but once I put it on the stand the air just escapes and the laptop doesn't get hot very much. Macbooks do have a tendency to get hot quickly so if it's still getting hot then I would suggest a laptop chiller or cooler that's bus powered. Just put in on that and then on the stand. They're some that are pretty slim and really lightweight. Just be careful because most are made of plastic so be prepared to replace it every so often if your gigging.

All computers have failsafe shutdown hardwired into the CPU temp.
    You shouldnt be able to permenantly damage your mac, but it may just shut itself down randomly during a gig if your CPU reaches around the 80C mark.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Like the others have said, go and buy yourself a laptop stand. It's the best and most gig-durable way to keep your laptop cool, and it also elevates your stand to better see your screen. Win-win!
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

The vents on unibody MB/Pro's are all on the bottom of the screen hinge. If you have your Mac on a soft surface, it's likely to block it up! As suggested, a laptop stand would be most prudent! Failing that, and if you still want to keep your setup in it's case, just try elevating the back of your Mac of it's hinge to let the air flow!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/