Sound cloud copyright violation?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Sound cloud copyright violation?

Hey guys, I just made a mix and tried to upload it to soundcloud. It did everything and after it was loading the waveform it said that one of the songs I used was violating the soundcloud agreement. I don't understand its a DJ mix they are obviously all other peoples tracks. What can I do to get around this?

Thanks

post it to mixcloud instead
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

If i had not purchased a premium account on soundcloud and dedicated time to getting followers on soundcloud id switch over. Would it be a bad idea to email them and tell them whats up?

Dispute it with Soundcloud. There should've been a link on that page directing you to SC's support so you could talk with them about it.

He could post to MC, but SC has a bigger audience.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

yeah i got pinged by them with that too. I uploaded a mix for a comp, turned download option off (listen/stream only) and one of my tunes had copyright on it so the upload got canned.

I looked into it and apparently any artist can ask soundcloud to block the upload of any content belonging to them, the only way to get the upload approved an put live is with written consent from the owner of the material.

Deadmau5 has asked soundcloud to block a few of his tunes for upload, especially anything recent of his.
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Tech Mentor

hmm, it seems like there is only one track that is giving me an issue. Maybe I should try and cut it out, but then the beginning of my mix end up sounding F'ed up.

Basically record lablels and/or producers can decide to be pricks about their content, and make it known through most of the big online folks (soundcloud, youtube).

mixcloud works better for uploading mixes without dealing with this crap, but it's not nearly as popular.

It sucks as more of this shit seems to be happening. People going nuts over copyright laws.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've been uploading two hour shows every other week for almost two years. I got my first copyright violation the other day and it was because of a deadmau5 song. At that point I figured since it was the first deadmau5 track I had ever bought it may as well be my last.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

the only mix i've had taken down (after 6 months mind you) had a vangelis piece as the intro. i re-upped it with the intro faded in and it was fine.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Stop buying and playing from that artist.

Simples.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast