costumes and presentation
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default costumes and presentation

hey all,
    ive been looking into starting a new project with a friend of mine incorporating viking metal and grimey jump up dnb. were looking into possible costume ideas but want to avoid coming across as a freakshow a la rabbit in the moon. ie, i dont want to wear a metal mask and have someone run a lathe across it for the rythym section. we are currently thinking post apoc or steampunk meats zombie apoc. any thoughts?

honestly, ANYTHING you do above and beyond the norm (some guy in a baseball cap, with a stoic character checking his email all night) will com across amazingly well!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

take a part outta' soulwax / 2 many dj's book and wear trashbags on your head. just cut out the eyes and draw something on the bag

viking metal and D n B?! wicked

Wonder what what would happen if Dimmu Borgir had a baby with Limewax lol
    Last edited by Jester; 03-13-2009 at 10:02 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    viking metal and D n B?! wicked

Wonder what what would happen if Dimmu Borgir had a baby with Limewax lol
    My mate Oly aka Slightly is currently giving birth to this as we speak.

Atm the sound hes creating is somewhat Meshuggah meets Current Value / Limewax. Its fucking awesome stuff. Also heavy metal dubstep stuff. Pretty sick. Were working on getting a metal drummer and he can bust out his gat and we roll a full on live metal DnB... tho this is probably a while away as yet.

I rekon if you came on stage in viking battle armour that would be awesome. Full on war-mask with horns n shit... perhaps flaming horns. Yeah, badass.

That shit kinda reminds me of the hardhouse scene tho. Cheesy as fuck, tho it could be done so it wasnt that bad if the shit was actually evil looking and not out of a kids cartoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-DS...eature=related

LOL! its KISS with beats

...dang thats an old tune Jones & Stephenson - First Rebirth

7 minute set lol
    Last edited by Jester; 03-13-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

wow that video...wow. gwar meets hardstyle.... i dunno what to think.... wow....

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    wow that video...wow. gwar meets hardstyle.... i dunno what to think.... wow....
    ... yeah.. exactly. somewhat bizarre. seriously not a big fan of hardstyle tho. I need some fucking sub-bass, not just hypercompressed bass-kicks.

i was looking through my old stuff and i found my assless chaps. They have New Zealand written all over em =p

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    i was looking through my old stuff and i found my assless chaps. They have New Zealand written all over em =p
    O_O I am now officially scared... what have I gotten myself into!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast