Virtual DJ Not Receiving Timecode Signal in Config
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Virtual DJ Not Receiving Timecode Signal in Config

So I have my VMS4, Macbook with VDJ 7 Pro, Stanton Str8-60 turntables, and Serato Scratch live control vinyl and I'm not receiving a timecode signal! All my connections are correct, all my settings are correct, and I'm doing everything I should so I have no idea why it's not working. I get into timecode configure and when I start my turntable, I don't get a circle or a signal showing up in the software. I'm getting the ringing noise but not any signal in VDJ from either of my decks. I've tried looking for answers, changing settings, and everything I could think of but nothing has helped. I was questioning if I got the wrong control vinyl but I'm pretty sure I got the right one, a pic of that is below. A fast response would be really appreciated! Thanks!So I have my VMS4, Macbook with VDJ 7 Pro, Stanton Str8-60 turntables, and Serato Scratch live control vinyl and I'm not receiving a timecode signal! All my connections are correct, all my settings are correct, and I'm doing everything I should so I have no idea why it's not working. I get into timecode configure and when I start my turntable, I don't get a circle or a signal showing up in the software. I'm getting the ringing noise but not any signal in VDJ from either of my decks. I've tried looking for answers, changing settings, and everything I could think of but nothing has helped. I was questioning if I got the wrong control vinyl but I'm pretty sure I got the right one, a pic of that is below. A fast response would be really appreciated! Thanks!
    Also there is something about selecting the noise map feature because I'm using Serato but there wasn't anywhere to select that in config.
    Last edited by roshanbhoj; 11-13-2011 at 10:12 PM.

what version of vdj r u using?
    did you swap rcas?
    did you check ur needles?

see here too for hints : http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1467...__.html?page=1
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    what version of vdj r u using?
    did you swap rcas?
    did you check ur needles?

see here too for hints : http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1467...__.html?page=1
    I'm using VDJ Pro 7.05. I just bought it and downloaded it Saturday night so it's a real bummer that this isn't working. I specifically wanted VDJ so I could use the timecode with my VMS4.

The RCAs are already attached to the Str8-60s and they were tested and perfectly working with regular vinyl.

My needles are fine too, as I said, tested and working great. They actually are pretty new and only used a handful of times.

Tech Mentor

im almost sure you could use the VMS 4 for timecode with traktor scratch

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    Well I always thought you have to use an NI Audio4DJ or above inputs and outputs to use DVS in Traktor.
    Last edited by roshanbhoj; 11-14-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Tech Mentor

Here's something I just put together that might help. Sorry about the ginormous size they're in.

The picture here shows the signal picking up on my VMS4 just fine. I can move the platter, move the crossfader, and move the volume faders and it will show on my volume bars the signal going up and down as it should. Then on the computer you can see there is no signal there at all in VDJ.

In this picture you can see clearly that there is no signal in Virtual DJ but when the picture was taken the VMS4 was receiving the signal with no problem whatsoever.

Then in this one you can see where my RCAs are plugged in. The two on the very left are the master out and the booth out so ignore those. Then on both sides of the grounds you have where the RCA from the turntables are. Then you can't see it by the picture but the switch is on phono.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Im 100% certain that you cannot use a VMS4 for Traktor Scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by roshanbhoj View Post
    Well I always thought you have to use an NI Audio4DJ or above inputs and outputs to use DVS in Traktor.
    That is exactly right.

Tech Mentor

there are specific VDJ control vinyls. do you have those? not serator/torq/traktor.

VDJ has their own you might need those

Tech Mentor

there are specific VDJ control vinyls. do you have those? not serator/torq/traktor.

VDJ has their own you might need those
    No. I've done my researching and I know that you can use any control vinyl pretty much. Some just work better than others. I've confirmed now that with the Serato 2nd Edition Control Vinyl I have should work.
    Last edited by roshanbhoj; 11-14-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Tech Mentor

i have a VMS 4, and i had issue routing audio through my track inputs, have you done this:

turn off VMS 4, switch the 4/8 switch in the front. turn it on, and open up the ADJ panel, and figure it out there. then go into VDJ sound panel, and use the advanced Config option.

i am legitmately trying to help. not just throw random stuff out

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast