New Mixer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mixer?

Default New Mixer?

I've been thinking long and hard about a mixer upgrade, and i've looked into it partially, but i want some views from people who've played on both or owned one?

The options here are a DJM 600(second hand, 300 quid)
    or a Denon x1600.

I play progressive house, minimal and deep techno/house, I love me some filters and I plan on getting an X1 at some point, but would like to keep a spare FX open on it so I like the idea of a dedicated filter... which realistically means Xone, and realistically is incredibly out of my price range. I like the idea of the X1600 as it would allow me to use my TT's and sample decks on a seperate deck each due to the soundcard, but i COULD split my A4DJ into mono and run each channel mono into the DJM... oh the possibilities.

Opinions? Options? Any other suggestions? Very limited budget of around 300 pounds for a 4 Channel i know, and due to living in NI second hand deals are few and far between!

Thanks

Not sure of prices over there but probably not the pioneer...

I'd go with the denon, I have a 600 myself, which gets regularly cleaned out and serviced every 6 months, but it still FEELS old, even though its in tip-top condition.

sometimes when you try to use FX the auto BPM counter is away up in the 200's on a 130bpm song, so your FX are out,

Plus, if you play out, good chance your going to be on an 800, great! you get to play with dedicated filters, now go home and try it, oops, cant

I would say try and save for a xone 42 and an EFX500 that way you get FX and filters.

Failing that, get the X1600.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Yeah when i played on a 600 the other week I didnt touch the FX, used all Traktor controlled with the guys X1, which is probably what i'd do if i had it, I would love dedicated filters though... do you reckon there'll be a surge in 42 sales when the DB2 starts to really pick up pace for xmas?

Hands down the x1600. You might even try to find a used x1700. But besides my S4, this is a mixer that I use quite often and I enjoy it. Midi mappable & Traktor certified.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWoods View Post
    The options here are a DJM 600(second hand, 300 quid)
    or a Denon x1600.

Thanks
    Feature for feature and build quality, that Denon DNX1600 will run circles on all Pioneer mixer but one. It also has a built in sound card for Traktor and will work with VDJ. The MIDI capabilities is by far the best and again will run circles around Pioneer mixers.

I own one.

Tech Mentor

save more get the thing you actually want

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBass View Post
    save more get the thing you actually want
    This too, otherwise you will just want to sell it and upgrade and not be satisfied.

I would just save up for a used 92 they are like $750 on ebay used and you could pay to have it shipped to you from the US

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    This too, otherwise you will just want to sell it and upgrade and not be satisfied.

I would just save up for a used 92 they are like $750 on ebay used and you could pay to have it shipped to you from the US
    This! altho it costs a fortune to get stuff shipped over, its still cheaper than buying anything from the UK.

my mate got a brand new S4 imported from us cheaper than they sell used over here.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast