Soundcard Advice

Default Soundcard Advice

Hi Guys, apologies for the lame question but can anyone recommend me a decent pc soundcard please? Doesn't have to be some super powered piece of equipment for intense music production. Just something with line-ins so that I can record mixes from my decks that produces decent quality recordings.

I've got a Soundblaster Audigy 2 which did the job on XP but its not supported 'officially' on Wndows 7 so the drivers aren't all that and I can only record in mono leaving sound quality pretty rubbish

cheers

Tech Wizard

NI's Audio 2 sounds like it would work for you, and its the cheapest decent card I can find.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Audio 2 is a tremendous sound card. I hate to say great for the money because that implies your sacrificing some quality. Check the buy sell forum there have been a few pop up recently.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Cheers guys, i've had a look round and they seem very reasonably priced. No need to take my computer apart to install it either which is a bonus

OP states he wants line in's and you but suggest something with outs, chris i exptected better of you

OT: Look at an M-audio fastrack pro, Or a mobilepre MK2,

I use the mobile pre for production and recording my mixes, nifty little thing

EDIT: you dont want to record in mono? i record in mono and it does me fine >.< AFAIK.
    Last edited by Cook; 11-15-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    OP states he wants line in's and you but suggest something with outs, chris i exptected better of you
    My sincerest apologies. I will now listen to four Tiesto songs and five deadmau5 songs as penance.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    My sincerest apologies. I will now listen to four Tiesto songs and five deadmau5 songs as penance.
    Punishment indeed.
    356 reasons why

Tech Guru

NI Audio 6 is a great sound card...NI had MSRP at $279. A used NI Audio 4 would also be a great choice.

My last card with inputs was the Maya 44. Two stereo pairs coming out, and two stereo pairs coming in. Street price is about $120.

A budget option for "just messing around" would be the Benringer UCA 222 (or the 202). The UCA 222 comes with a bunch of bundled software and is setup to record "out of the box" - the 202 comes with less software, but is an "identical" soundcard. Street price is about $30.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39