So I picked up an NS6...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So I picked up an NS6...

....should be here Fri. or Mon. Can't wait!!

Anyone else have one?
    How ya like it?
    Anyone take out gigging to a club? How did it sound?

I just grabbed one the other day. Its a nice controller but I am finding a few things I DON'T like about compared to other controllers I have used. So far it's about the best built or maybe I should say "feeling" controller I have played with to date.
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

2 1200's - A wall of wAx - SSL - DDJ-SX

Quote Originally Posted by djlightning View Post
    I just grabbed one the other day. Its a nice controller but I am finding a few things I DON'T like about compared to other controllers I have used. So far it's about the best built or maybe I should say "feeling" controller I have played with to date.

What are the things you don't like about it?

I currently have a Denon DNMC6000. Have had it since it came out beginning this year. I love it, but the controls are so close together, I just couldn't get used to it. I played around with the NS6 at a local guitar center and aside from the pitch controls being on opposite edges of the controller, I really like the layout. The pitch faders and jog wheels have a good response. I use VDJ so I am hoping it maps easily so I can control videos.

Unique Squared had a good price on NS6's on eBay, so I just had to jump on it.

Tech Guru

Love the NS6. Really wish that there was a filter under bass so I could map it up like I do the S4 with 4 bands.

One thing I recently learned is if you are running Itch and want to see a channels sound output level hold the cue/monitor button for a few seconds and the led will convert to the single channel. Let it go and it will revert back to master out.

Tech Wizard

My brother has the NS6 and I've used it a many times. I really like the responsive action of the jog wheels compared to the S4 (which I have). They are really smooth and the feel is great. The layout is very nice and clean. I am not a fan of Serato at all since I've been a traktor user for years. But over all, I really like NS6 as a piece of hardware. But I'm happy with my S4. If you can get a great mapping to Traktor then I think it is a dynomite controller.

Tech Guru

I use the NS6 primarily with Traktor. The default mapping from Numark is pretty good. I remapped the beat grid button so that I can really quickly beatgrid. Let me know if you want the TSI file.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    What are the things you don't like about it?
    This is coming from just a "Itch" perspective and in comparison to other Itch controllers. I spent about 15 mins with it on TSP2 with the default Numark TSI so I cant really comment on it there other than the platters didn't seem to be as responsive as they were in Itch. With that I will just quote myself from the Serato forums...

Beatgrid Adjust: You have to hold down the SHIFT to access this. Which is the last thing you want to do for on the fly adjustment. This should have been the other way around

Deck Unload: There isn't one... I have to go back to the laptop to do this unlike the other controllers I can do SHIFT + LOAD = Unload

Reverse/Bleep: Ok the reverse is a nice feature but I doubt it gets used as much as the BLEEP function. Again you have to use SHIFT+ to get to this

Now I will point out some annoying things and limitations of the EFX section. Again this is coming from me having used a DX before the NS6.

FX ASSIGN: This can only be to 1 deck or the main. You cannot assign FX to multiple decks

FX Unit: This is where I feel Numark missed the mark totally on the design. The NS6 will only allow you to control 2 variables of the FX parameters unlike the DX unit which allows you to control about every possible option to what limited effects that provided.

Over all.. I love it but sometimes I feel like I have to unnecessarily use SHIFT combo buttons and/or go to the laptop. The gimped FX controls are about the only truly negative thing I can say about it and its not a quality issue its just a personal insight that they could have done better here.
    I will also add I think the line faders feel a bit short on the throw too. This is coming from that I have used both the VCI-300 and the XoneX which they feel like a more traditional mixer whereas the NS6 seems too short. I have been messing around for 2 days trying to find a Headroom + Fader Curve combination that I like.

You may not run into this using VDJ or even find these things I have noted a issue. Its just a few observations I personally do not like about the controller.
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

2 1200's - A wall of wAx - SSL - DDJ-SX

Default So I picked up an NS6...

I uses the ns6 once and I was blown away by the jogs. NI could take a page out of numark/seratos book because the S4 jogs sucked for anything other than pitch bending

Quote Originally Posted by djlightning View Post
    You may not run into this using VDJ or even find these things I have noted a issue. Its just a few observations I personally do not like about the controller.
    I had gone over and perused the VDJ forums and it seems the main complaint is the mapping for Macs. Of course that was back in July. VDJ has since updated to 7.05 so hopefully that will be all sorted when I get mine.

BTW, my damn order got back ordered. It's NOT gonna be here Fri. Hopefully I can get it by the end of the month. Before Thanksgiving weekend would be nice since I will have 4 full days to mess around with it.

Tech Mentor

I had one. It broke in 2 weeks. I have an S4.. Pabloco's NS6 broke in a couple weeks as well...

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    When I hit Sync I get a double espresso from Midi Out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast