Un-synch Traktor and iTunes

Default Un-synch Traktor and iTunes

Hi folks!
    I use iTunes for podcasts and a little music, but certainly not for DJing.
    So every time I open up Traktor, it spends around 20 minutes analyzing my friggin podcasts, boo!
    I really want to keep "analyze new tracks on program start" on in the settings, but I really want to make Traktor forget all about iTunes.

Any way to do this you think? Any help is appreciated!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Check out the file management section in preferences
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah, I've combed through there before without luck.
    But I think I've found a work-around:

Making an empty text file and renaming the extension to .xml, then telling Traktor that it's my iTunes library file. Easiest way to cut off the cord between the two, it seems.
    It does however stike me as strange that there is no enable/disable button for the iTunes synch. Oh well.

I should imagine that the reason that it analyses your podcasts is nothing to do with 'iTunes Sync', but rather because iTunes is downloading your podcasts into your iTunes media folder, which is inside a folder that you are 'monitoring on startup'.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

dont check "analyze on import" and then manually analyze the files as you pull them up, unless youre constantly dealing with such a huge volume you have to.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's because music folders set to import on start-up. It's the very first check box on the top. Beyond that though It's the music folder you have set. If you want it not to analyze any iTunes stuff just delete the file path you have set in the music folders box on the bottom. If you want to keep the option, but keep podcast out of the equation just go one more level in on the file path. On my Mac it's User>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Music that will keep podcasts out.

The XML file is just where the iTunes node pulls its info from and has nothing to do with syncing files with Traktor. In fact there are quite a few users, myself included, that wish Traktor did in fact sync with iTunes.

While we're on the topic if you have a good system of keeping your music organized the import on start up is great for making sure everything is in Traktor. Just set the whatever your folders are in the music folders box and it will import them automatically. If you don't want it to you can always cancel it as soon as the box pops up.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x