Traktor's Favorite Section
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traktor's Favorite Section

I was wondering if anyone utilizes the "favorite" section in Traktor to increase their workflow and creativity.

Currently (in the favorite section) I have:

new tracks- for prepping, analyzing, plotting cues, etc.
    remixes- remixes that are not generally used but have parts that I use
    one shots/samples- one shots and samples
    genres- dub, mash-up, trance etc.

Then I have 3 dedicated slots to house(and all sub genres): House 1A-4B, 5A-8B, 9A-12B. While this is convenient for harmonic mixing, I am starting to find/hear that is hindering my creativity.

While I think this system could work, I was wondering if anyone had a better, different, more organized way of categorizing the favorite section.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Mine changes all the time depending on upcoming shows. The only permanent ones I have in there are Recordings, iTunes, track collection and radio jingles.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I do play across the board, so in mine, I have certain folder for genres (Hip Hop, EDM), a folder where I put in loads of new music I pick up that haven't been tagged and/or placed into playlists (transfer dump), and then several playlists like Accapellas, House, Mashups, Samples.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Mine changes per gig but i always have the Preparation List (renamed Current Playlist , a legacy of the T3 days).

Then i have a 'LAST WEEK' playlist which is the set i did the last time i played the gig as a reference to what i played. After that i have playlists that are relevant to that nite. Some are Genre based some are Sets that i have prepared and others are sets that i have done in the passed that were particularly good. I try to use the Favourite slots as much as possible so i dont have to scroll up and down the Browser Tree or look in iTunes.

I would like a Preference Option so you can have more Favourite slots.
    There used to be 10 in T3 , now there are 12. I would like more. I think there is a lot of wasted space in the UI. Some of the borders are too thick and i think more could be crammed in with it actually being cramped.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Mine changes per gig but i always have the Preparation List (renamed Current Playlist , a legacy of the T3 days).

Then i have a 'LAST WEEK' playlist which is the set i did the last time i played the gig as a reference to what i played. After that i have playlists that are relevant to that nite. Some are Genre based some are Sets that i have prepared and others are sets that i have done in the passed that were particularly good. I try to use the Favourite slots as much as possible so i dont have to scroll up and down the Browser Tree or look in iTunes.

I would like a Preference Option so you can have more Favourite slots.
    There used to be 10 in T3 , now there are 12. I would like more. I think there is a lot of wasted space in the UI. Some of the borders are too thick and i think more could be crammed in with it actually being cramped.
    More would be awesome, I almost never scroll down the tree because I do prep work for what I might play. And while we're on the subject of UI I want color coding.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    More would be awesome, I almost never scroll down the tree because I do prep work for what I might play. And while we're on the subject of UI I want color coding.

+1 on color coding. If we had color coding, it would pretty much make this problem no existent (for me at least).

I just get in the habit of "going down the line" with my current setup. I guess for now, I am going to re-group all my music into a "collection" folder. After having a good listen/mix/plotting session, i'll figure it out.... lol.

Thanks!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I
    Have
    A
    List
    As
    Long
    As
    My
    Arm
    About
    UI
    And
    Browser
    Improvements.

Dont get me started, especially on things like Playlist Dividers, Colour coded playlist sections. A split browser like VDJ i could go on and on.

More Favourite slots? Oh yeah, that would be WAY cool!
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

I just want better iTunes integration. VDJ has it good in that regard....

And in regards to my favourites, I have all my main crates of each main genre I play - with different crates for different parts of the night.

I also have my sample and accapella folders there too.
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    I just want better iTunes integration. VDJ has it good in that regard....
    +1
    Serato's integration is seamless. Smart playlists FTW.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast