What do you think? Taking an Imac to the Club.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you think? Taking an Imac to the Club.

Hey everybody,
    So far i've been using a asus eeepc 1000h and it surprised how well it handled tpro.
    The only cons about it are its small Screen and its Bad cooling.
    So after ive started to get more and more serious about djing, i've thought about getting a new machine. A MacBook pro is way beyond my financial means, and a good as new imac is available for around 500 euros ( im germa n) on ebay.
    So, what do you think about getting an imac and taking it to the club?

I was gonna do that, but I could leave it there as I have a residency, dont think i could be bothered to take it every weekend
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Sounds ok, but I would invest in a ata case for the iMac so I can carry it around.

http://www.roadreadycases.com/prodet...p?sku=RRIMAC20

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Wow JesC, that's just plain sexy!

I'm guessing Sasha is doing it like that as well?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Hey
    Yeah that case seems to be a really good idea, thanks.
    So, im not gonna carry it around every weekend because... well i don't have a residency yet and im probably not gonna get one soon so thats not really the issue.
    But would you have any infos for me like how the cooling and the performance is? Is the stability of an imac similar to a normal desktop? Is the screen of the Imac a good one?

Dude, if stability and performance were an issue, then Sasha wouldn't have been using it for his sets and performances.

Last edited by tekki; 03-15-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

id almost argue that its better than any laptop because it takes up less space, you could fit it behind a deck or pretty much anywhere rather then on top of the deck(where mine always ends up goin) which im not too keen on. also i dont know how they are but they must have power(ram/mhz/etc)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Yeah, that and, I think you are able to have a better on screen presentation of your screen resolution.

Imagine 20" with a 1600 resolution. That will always rock more than a 1280 resolution on a 13" or a 15.4" laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Yeah, that and, I think you are able to have a better on screen presentation of your screen resolution.

Imagine 20" with a 1600 resolution. That will always rock more than a 1280 resolution on a 13" or a 15.4" laptop.
    yea hard, i think my mate has some 24" beast. kill for one of those
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

B0h!

The 24"?! That's priceless! :eek:

Mewants1too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast