First Gig

Thread: First Gig

Tech Convert

Default First Gig

Ok guy's so I'm pretty new to djing about a month and a half to two months. I'm also new to this site, I just need some advice so I thought I'd join up! So I may (key word may) be getting a steady gig at of all places a bowling alley bar (gotta start somewhere). Any advice about that? The bartender who runs the bar pretty much told me I need to have pretty much everything because the crowd is so varied so I've been trying to add every area of music to my library recently.

Basically, I just need advice from some of you guys that are way better at this, I don't think I would be mixing as much at a bar right? That's mostly playing request's and fading from song to song, not like a club where I would be mixing house with top 40 stuff. I guess I just don't know what to expect and I'm trying to get the best heads up I can, any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks for having me guys!

Rob

Default First Gig

Perhaps you should go research the place. Go bowl a few sets and get an idea of the crowd and the feel of the place.

Tech Convert

I did last weekend the DJ that night was playing salsa which I have absolutely none of.. but the bartender said that it is usually classic rock, dance music, top 40, not really what I would prefer like a club but it's a start.