Trance+Hint of Electro! My first for the Genre!
    Tech Convert

Default Trance+Hint of Electro! My first for the Genre!

I would absolutely love any feed back good/bad!! Please Help!
    I felt like sometimes I had trouble with where to bring in vocals, do you have any tips?

Thank you for listening!
    Jonny

Also Listen Here!

Tracklist:
    1) She Gave Happiness (Arty Remix) - D-Mad
    2) Stay Forever (Feat. Emma Hewitt) - Allure
    3) Daisy - Original Mix - Sander Van Doorn
    4) Forbidden City - Marc Simz
    5) iPeople (Original Mix) - Nitrous Oxide
    6) My Everything (Feat. Kate Miles) - Allure
    7) My G_O_D - Guns On Demo - Tiesto Remix Laidback Luke
    8) Pearlescent - Original Mix - Liquid Vision
    9) Alright 2011 feat. Marcus Schossow - (Marcus Schossow Remix) Red Carpet, Marcus Schossow
    10) Punk - Arty Rock-N-Rolla Mix - Ferry Corsten
    11) Let The Light Shine In 2010 - Arty Remix Darren Tate, Jono Grant
    12) Anjunabeach (Original Mix - Above & Beyond
    13) Still With Me (Club Mix) - Tritonal, Cristina Soto
    14) Slumber feat. Lindsey Ray (Original Mix) - Steve Forte Rio, Lindsey Ray
    15) Who is Watching feat. Nadia Ali (Tone Depth Extended Mix) - Armin Van Buuren
    Last edited by JH2O; 11-17-2011 at 03:44 AM.

downloading now. what are you using to mix btw? ill give feedback on the mix after im off work.

Tech Convert

Im using a Numark Mixtrack, X1 and Traktor Pro 2.

Thanks!

I checked out your mix on my drive to work and back. I dont remember specifics, but heres my overall view on this mix. You started off pretty bad to be honest. the first few transitions were very sloppy, but i think you know what you messed up on. You said it yourself, you have trouble finding out where to bring in vocals,.. I think you did very well avoiding key clashes for the most part, that is one of the things that im really picky about in mixes, so good job on that!

Right after the Allure track, you really did a better job with the mixing. Tracks were being mixed in at the proper times, and when you did quick transitions, they were actually pretty decent. Then you got to the Tritonal track, and it went downhill again, the tracks were slightly out of sync there. If i have any tips for you its that you check out some of the other progressive trance mixes that are posted here so you can have an idea of what some of the well recieved mixes here sound like. The other thing is that you try to let the tracks play out a bit more, dont be in such a rush to switch to the next track (there are exceptions to this tho).

I would like to say, that i really enjoyed the tracklist! It is very popular trance though, i think that if you wanna stand out a bit more, try to add a few more tracks in there by lesser known artists, dont just try to play it safe by only using the popular ones. Either way, some of those tunes were bangin! i never heard that Allure track before, it was awesome.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    I checked out your mix on my drive to work and back. I dont remember specifics, but heres my overall view on this mix. You started off pretty bad to be honest. the first few transitions were very sloppy, but i think you know what you messed up on. You said it yourself, you have trouble finding out where to bring in vocals,.. I think you did very well avoiding key clashes for the most part, that is one of the things that im really picky about in mixes, so good job on that!

Right after the Allure track, you really did a better job with the mixing. Tracks were being mixed in at the proper times, and when you did quick transitions, they were actually pretty decent. Then you got to the Tritonal track, and it went downhill again, the tracks were slightly out of sync there. If i have any tips for you its that you check out some of the other progressive trance mixes that are posted here so you can have an idea of what some of the well recieved mixes here sound like. The other thing is that you try to let the tracks play out a bit more, dont be in such a rush to switch to the next track (there are exceptions to this tho).

I would like to say, that i really enjoyed the tracklist! It is very popular trance though, i think that if you wanna stand out a bit more, try to add a few more tracks in there by lesser known artists, dont just try to play it safe by only using the popular ones. Either way, some of those tunes were bangin! i never heard that Allure track before, it was awesome.
    YoshiExcel, thank you very much for taking the time to listen. I truly appreciate the honest and constructive feedback you have given me. As I find myself trying to learn by trial and error, with no real training. It can be frustrating at times to not know how/when to mix properly. With critique like this it potentially saves me a lot of time!

Any other advice you have would be more then welcome. If you have time maybe take a look at my first mix please!:

Thanks again Yoshi!

Jonny

Tech Convert

Also, I forgot to ask what you use to mix with?

Quote Originally Posted by JH2O View Post
    Also, I forgot to ask what you use to mix with?

I use Kontrol S4, Kontrol X1.

I didnt comment on your other mix you posted mostly because honestly im not a huge fan of progressive house. I mostly just like Progressive Trance, Tech Trance and drum & bass.

Lookin forward to see if you make any progress in your mixes! if you have any questions, feel free to PM or AIM me.