X-Session Pro + Traktor Pro (3 decks + Effects: TSI and diagram)

Default X-Session Pro + Traktor Pro (3 decks + Effects: TSI and diagram)

First proper post from me so hopefully it's of use to someone...

I've only just started getting into digital DJing so I'm still limited to Traktor Pro, my X-Session Pro and a mouse.

Here's what I use...Hopefully the diagram will make enough sense. Just shout if you want anything explaining.

Basically I use single play/pause, sync, pitch-bend and cue jump buttons with a modifier button for each deck.

E.g. To play deck A you press the Deck A modifier + Play/Pause

Let me know if you use it and have and comments!

I'll be looking to get either the Akai MPD24 or Korg Pad Kontrol soon so that I can work without using the mouse and expand to 4 decks plus effects.

Hello,
    Maybe you do not look at this forum anymore. In case you do, I have the x-session pro and i am interested in your mapping. However the picture is note large enough to see the full diagram.
    Also, are you aware of any mapping for the x-session pro on traktor pro with 4 decks ?
    Given your mapping and the fact the very right fader control is unused, I guess, it could be possible to do so.
    Cheers.
    Guillaume

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leregaleur View Post
    Right fader control is unused, I guess, it could be possible to do so.
    I guess you can map this fader to deck D volume and add some of deck modifier with value 0 to all effect command's modifier conditions. That way while on hold modifier disengage these three knobs for FX and leave you place to map three band EQ instead.

Default All good

Thanks Stew,
    I maneged to do it. The sacrifice has been to give up fx effects in order to assign EQ knobs to deck D.
    In fact, I realize it is much better to have 3 track decks and 1 sample deck. The 4the track deck is seldom used.
    Guillaume

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leregaleur View Post
    Thanks Stew,
    I maneged to do it. The sacrifice has been to give up fx effects in order to assign EQ knobs to deck D.
    In fact, I realize it is much better to have 3 track decks and 1 sample deck. The 4the track deck is seldom used.
    Guillaume
    You are welcome.
    Must add that there was no need for sacrifice on FXes if you use any of already existing modifiers in this mapping. If you add, let's say, M1 vith value 0 to all effect parameters. That way, when while holding modifier FX controls won't work.

Example with M1=1

Effect controls set to M1=0
    EQ's controls set to M1=1

So when you press M1 effects are off and EQ's are on. Release it and you are back to controlling FXes.