Honk! If You Like It Low! Mixtape!
    Tech Wizard

Default Honk! If You Like It Low! Mixtape!

Honk If You Like it Low! Mixtape!

Blogpost: http://weareskitzo.net/2011/11/honk-...t-low-mixtape/

Tracklist:
    01. Lucid - Shh (Sam Tiba remix) (bass intro only)
    02. Funkin Matt .ft Teki Latex - Get Loose (Canblaster remix)
    03. Shlomi Aber - The Majestic
    04. Felix - Again (Embryo remix)
    05. Blawan - Vibe Decorium
    06. Martyn - Masks
    07. Tyree - Nuthin Wrong
    08. Maceo Plex - Can't Leave You
    09. Rebolledo ft. Matias Aguyao - Super Vatos
    10. Instra:mental - Pyramid
    11. ZZT - Party Over Los Angeles (Jon Convex remix)
    12. Brenmar - Let Me Hit Dat
    13. Mele - Starlight Express
    14. TWR72 - Simple (Roger's version)
    15. Son Of Sam - Nature Makes A Mistake (Ame remix)
    16. Torb - Rubidrama
    17. The Brash - Mute (Jokers Of The Scene remix)
    18. Redshape - Son Of A..
    19. Boys Noize & Erol Alkan ft.Jarvis Cocker - Avalanche (Terminal Velocity) (Ewan Pearson's Hall Of The Mountain King remix)
    WeAreSkitzo.net
    Your mothers & neighbors worst nightmare

Mixtape Mondays

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix about an hour after waking up. I was drinking a cup of tea. My GF and I listened on the Bose speakers downstairs. Here's my feedback.

- Thanks for the download link, soundcloud embed, blog post and most of all TRACKLISTING.

- I didn't especially care for your track selection. This kind of music is the stuff that I feel like I *should* like but somehow it always misses for me. I even like Maetrik (Maceo Plex) and am alright with Shlomi Aber but the stuff like Martyn etc. seems so.. off. Not funky enough to be house, not breaky enough to be breaks, with these sorta giraffe dying bassline sounds. There was some weird track with two notes of that weird halloween "spooky" classical song in it? WTF I hope that wasn't Maceo Plex? The vocal is somehow never really right for me, like when "party's over los angeles" came on it was the 5th kinda wack vocal and the party was over in San Francisco, I turned the mix off. Anyway, I understand this is just my personal taste, and the Instra:mental track was alright. The tracks you picked tended to fit together pretty well, so you succeeded on your own terms.

- Levels were good. Phasing was good but I sometimes heard some slightly off-phase tracks, I say off-phase tracks because they were on tempo but off-phase. The phrasing of your transitions was relatively awkward compared to the levels and phasing. There were a number of times where you mixed in or out in the middle of a phrase.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Wizard

We are award of the Phasing/phrasing problem, particular around the Martyn and Tyree track, the phasing gets a bit akward.. But shit happens, when you try to keep up the energy in the set, by shifting tracks often.

Think the mix includes really banging stuff, specially in the end where it gets more techno electro trippy..

But I think, what you mean about more bangin stuff without wacked vocals.. this mix might be the case. Short and intensive -> http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...900#post381900
    WeAreSkitzo.net
    Your mothers & neighbors worst nightmare

Mixtape Mondays