Timecode using Jack Router
    Tech Guru

Default Timecode using Jack Router

Love my DVS and don't want to part with this but routing to Ableton is extremely powerful and gives you loads of AU & VST options. From what i understand code can be rewritten to allow Traktor to do this and i've also been told a certain crack works. Would rather not go down this route as I have a licensce. I'm happy to experiment with code on a separate Mac user account (if it doesn't work nothing lost) but no idea where to start.

Anyone out there using Jack to Ableton with timecode? If so please help
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

Bumping this on the off chance anyone can shed any light.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Mentor

why hello =) yes it's possible. the trick really is to use the jack router to route traktor into ableton and not the otherway around. This way you will still have DVS control. Hope this helps.

Tech Guru

Hello,
    I've tried routing from Traktor to Ableton but as I understand it you have to use Jack as the audio device within Traktor. Traktor will then not allow me to use timecode as Jack is not supported even though I'm technically still using the audio 8 as the hardware.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Tech Mentor

Currently at work. When I get off i will redo my set up and see how I set mine up. I will say I am using Traktor with a DJM900NXS as my soundcard. Shouldn't be any different IMO.

Tech Mentor

Needless to say I just got back from EDC and so need to make a mix that has every song played at kineticField. It was a great 3 days there even though day 2 got canceled at 1am. =)