Deck Focus mapping help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Deck Focus mapping help

I am a beginner when it comes to controller mapping so if this is stupid question, please let me know. I have searched the forums but have been unable to find this specific piece of advice. So what I am wondering is how to set a single button on an MF classic to toggle between decks A & B. I have found the deck focus control and mapped it to a button, but it cycles through all 4 decks TSP2. I know this is possible, as I've seen the DJTT sponsored maps that are focused on AB and ABCD.

On an unrelated note, is there somewhere where there are a lot of tutorials videos or articles about controller mapping for traktor? I haven't seen something like this yet in my searching of google, youtube & djtt, but I've only started looking a couple weeks ago.

Thanks,

2Hearts

Tech Wizard

Get the Traktor 2 Bible, it is by far the most-definitive guide on mappings out there. There's like a hundred pages devoted to mappings, with examples for different hardware (S4, CDJs, DJMs, etc...) and examples on how to create multi-modifiers and combo mappings.

On the cheaper side, the website for the book, http://traktorbible.com/, does have some videos to help specific types of mappings.

If you want to dig into mappings, it IS the book to read (and no, I don't work for the publisher or anything, just a bloke who bought it and continues to learn more each day I reference it)
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

I bind deck focus to load deck, saves a lot of time, buts its a pain to map.

To do this:
    Load Selected>Assignment="Deck">Mapped To "Button"
    (Type Of Controller=Button , Interaction Mode=Trigger)

Deck Focus Select>Assignment=Global>Mode=Direct>Mapped To "Button"
    (Type Of Controller=Button , Interaction Mode=Direct)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

You need to set up a modifier on the same button. An example setup would be like this (all on the same button)...

If M1=0, M1 Direct to 1
    If M1=1, M1 Direct to 0
    If M1=0, Deck Focus Direct to B
    If M1=1, Deck Focus Direct to A

It's a little shorthand, but if you have the command you're looking for already, I figured I don't need to spell it out completely for you. If you need a little more detail than that though, I'll be glad to give it. Good luck!
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

you dont need to use modifiers as traktor only focuses on one deck at a time. same principle for cue monitor.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    you dont need to use modifiers as traktor only focuses on one deck at a time. same principle for cue monitor.
    If switching between all 4 decks is what you're going for, no modifiers are needed. However, a simple inc/dec command wouldn't work if you only want to toggle between A&B. Traktor needs a reference point. M1 being either 0 or 1 (or more, if you wanted 3, or 4 decks) is that reference.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Deck focus mapped to same button

no modifiers used.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo.ranger View Post
    and no, I don't work for the publisher or anything, just a bloke who bought it and continues to learn more each day I reference it)
    And i thank you on behalf of Rainer (author) and myself (Editor) of Traktor Bible for your support

Also, i think some of you guys misunderstood what the OP wants.
    He wants 1 button to toggle focus from Deck A to B to A to B without it cycling thru decks C & D which it will even if those decks are not shown/used.

Also he isnt seeking any load functions.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-19-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post

Deck focus mapped to same button

no modifiers used.
    I understand that you don't need modifiers to load to selected decks (since as you mentioned, only one is selected at a time) Also, you're right that no modifiers are used if each button choses which deck is selected. HOWEVER, using ONE button to toggle the focus from A>B and B>A, is NOT doable without the use of modifiers. The original question states nothing to do with loading tracks; simply how to toggle focus from A>B and back. If I'm reading this wrong (DJ2Hearts), please let me know. However, I'm fairly positive I understand the question, and feel I've answered it the right way. Maybe Karlos could shed some light on this, being the resident trusted expert...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_dB View Post
    Maybe Karlos could shed some light on this, being the resident trusted expert...
    Actually this can be done with just one command.

Browser > Toggle Last Focus.

I dont have a controller in front of me so i just assigned it to a Keyboard button:
    Global Assignment
    Type Of Controller : Button
    Interaction Mode : Trigger
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 11-19-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast