Just got off the phone to Apple and a bit confused

Default Just got off the phone to Apple and a bit confused

Evening DJTT, Thought I would join the gang and get my self a Macbook Pro to run Traktor but after just got off the phone from Apple and receiving my quote (poor student so going down the finance root )in an email they seem to have added the following to the order (which I haven't yet confirmed with them), Microsoft Office Pack, CC-HE Contract Uplift and a hard shell case!!

These bump up the price to a further £174.91 + VAT

I didn't ask for any of these to be added to the order as i don't think they will aide me in my DJing, all I asked for was a 15" macbook Pro 2.2 GHz which is listed on there website and but would be wanting student discount with this also

Im totally new to the whole macbook thing so this might just be me being paranoid but I just think they're trying to get extra cash out of me

Am I being paranoid????

Digi

I was going to order on line but have been advised to call them up as they offer a bigger discount over the phone?

Tech Mentor

If you're a student you'll generally get the highest discount buying online, but only if you do so on the University's network.

Anyway, you don't HAVE to buy any extra gubbins, just tell them you don't want that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    If you're a student you'll generally get the highest discount buying online, but only if you do so on the University's network.

Anyway, you don't HAVE to buy any extra gubbins, just tell them you don't want that stuff.
    +1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you sure the items aren't just suggested extras? If not call them back and tell them you don't wan that stuff and there was a misunderstanding somewhere. Apple prices are Apple prices, I don't think you can get a better deal by calling them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

There all added to the order with the macbook Ill call them back to morrow and get it sorted, just means another day added to the waiting list

Thanks for the advice

Tech Wizard

Just go in man.

I went in to get mine on my girlfriends student discount and I pay finance and try have me AppleCare+ for £40 (should be £215) and the other month they gave a mate of mine a free wireless printer 3in1 worth £250.

DEFINATELY worth going into the store and finding out
    - 2011 13" MBP | Akai LPD8 | KRK MP5's | iPhone 4 TouchOSC Custom Map -
    - Traktor Duo 2 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | NI Audio 2 -

Looks like I'll be popping down then

Yeah, I can't say enough. Just go into the store.

I ended up doing financing as well on my macbook pro. It's worked out rather well so far, and haven't run into any issues.

Something to think about as well, that it comes pretty well loaded with basic stuff. If you need word processing (like I did), I've been using

http://www.openoffice.org/

Which works just as well as any Microsoft Word style product... and it's free.

But if you go into the store, they will be able to hook you up with whatever you want.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter