Just got an SL1.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just got an SL1.

Sorry, had to post my excitement.

Been fucking around with it all night, and taking it easy now because people are sleeping.

But I can't explain my delight in finally owning the setup that I've dreamed about. And finally being able to waste hours making terrible transitions to help teach myself more.

Because fucking around with friend's equipment is all well and good, but really that time dedication isn't there to help you get good (and none of my roommates have ever had setups lol).

But, suffice to say, I know what I'll be doing with my free time from here on out.

A lot less time on forums

And it took me awhile to decide between Traktor and Serato... and honestly, I'm really just happy I decided on Serato. It was the first software I was introduced to, and it just feels natural.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Congrats man! For the most part I agree SSL is still my software of choice though I have a lot of fun playing with Traktor!

Xpozur

Hope you enjoy it man. This was my first experience with a DVS and I absolutely loved it every time I played!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Nice! Great feeling finally getting it all together.

Tech Guru

I know this is a controller heavy forum, and I'm all for that too ------ but man two 1200's, a rane mixer, and SSL is fucking sexy. Congrats man, enjoy.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Do you have a bag for all of this?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

To the first couple replies: Thanks guys Yeah it wasn't an easy choice going with Serato over Traktor, especially with all the hype here. But I went with my gut, which has served me well so far. At some point I plan on messing about seriously with Traktor, but not for awhile yet.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I know this is a controller heavy forum, and I'm all for that too ------ but man two 1200's, a rane mixer, and SSL is fucking sexy. Congrats man, enjoy.
    Yeah, I do realize it's a controller heavy forum. Actually looking into controllers and learning from this site and DJforums is what made me realize that while I may want a controller in the future... I really just NEED actual TT's for personal satisfaction while learning.

I actually have been pretty active in the forums for the past couple years, and it's taken me that long to save up for the exact setup I dreamed about. I could have gone with a cheaper controller sooner (I did have an X-Session Pro) but I would have always wanted something more. Now I'm at the point where I'm going to be perfectly happy with what I have for a long time.

There's something amazingly sexy about turntables, and it's something that's hard to put into words. When I power up the "robot", a stupid grin just comes to my face every time.

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Do you have a bag for all of this?
    Well considering most of it is in Road Ready cases, and the rest can fit into a backpack if I need to... I think I'm pretty well set. I don't think there is a "bag" to fit all of this into, and nor would I want to carry said bag either.

Went with individual cases over a coffin because I had a chance to help move a couple friend's coffin's, and the fuckers are heavy as shit, even without anything in them.

At least this way if I want/need to break down my setup for whatever reason, I can move everything on my own. (Albeit it might take a couple trips). I'm still learning though, so I imagine it will be a bit before I really have the need to do that.

But no, I don't have a "bag" that will fit all of this :P
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Convert

smart move going with the individual cases. merely for the sake of being able to move your gear solo. I have my 1200s and a djm 400 in a coffin. its really great for ease of setup --- all i need to hook up is power supply and my audio out -- but impossible to move a full coffin solo style when you live on the second floor of a building.
    im looking to trade my coffin for a set of cases now haha

Tech Mentor

Actually I went back to Serato as well. While traktor is feature heavy, i never used half the stuff. For what I do serato is more than enough. Plus the wave form view is so much better that I can mix without headphones when practicing.

congrats, but damn....... that i a seriously sweer set-up! very jealous
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast