djing on a boat?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default djing on a boat?

hey guys, im going to be djing a boat party this weekend and i was just wondering if there was anything i needed to be aware of, like potential problems and stuff. any help?

check out the sasha and digweed yacht parties on pootube they seem to have it sussed
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfet View Post
    hey guys, im going to be djing a boat party this weekend and i was just wondering if there was anything i needed to be aware of, like potential problems and stuff. any help?
    Pirates.
    Sharks.
    World War II mines.
    Submarines.
    Vikings.
    Tsunami.
    Mermaids.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Mermaids.
    Don't be worried about them. They just want to see you naked.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

But do they have all the requirements. Like whats down there?

Sorry this is a crap threadjack.

Id say that you need all your gear flightcased and secured down cus its gonna move about a bit no matter how nice the weather is. Will the boat be moving or is it shored-up.

Ship Ahoy !!!

You shouldnt worry too much, unless you run into bad weather. I would NOT recommend having you lappy on a uberstand, make sure its flat on a table or a slanted laptop stand. Do be worried Ill talk to Davie Jones to take it easy on you when is the gig?

*arrh* Im Golden Shellback, I crossed the international date line & the equator @ the same time!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Look out for icebergs too

Seriously though - there could be power issues that you might want to try to avoid depending on the quality of the power on the boat.

I would personally take the same precautions you would if you were mixing off a generator - read this thread for some more info on this

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ight=generator

Tech Guru

Get a slip-proof mat for each piece of gear. You can get them at most car accessory stores (ie SuperCheap Auto) or Walmart style places. Also boat stores. They will be key as.

Get waterproof casings for transporting stuff as you never know. Definitely a power adapter with surge protection.

And of course some hookers and blow.

that sounds like fun. I have played a few house boat parties.
    One ship here in Kelowna is a Floating Boardroom that was fun. As well there is a Vintage Paddle Wheel that we do an Industry sundays on during the summer.
    Lots of fun.

I would say though just hope it does not turn out like this one ...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._8/?hub=Canada [ Unfortunate for the girl who lost her life, and to her family ]

I was sitting on the patio of a close by restaurant when this happend. Ended up helping to pull people out of the water. What a mess.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Mentor

If you have insurance, probably want to make sure your covered if the ship sinks..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast