Does it make sense to invest for a Rane ttm56s?

Default Does it make sense to invest for a Rane ttm56s?

At the moment I'm just using two technic 1200s with a gemini mixer. I also have traktor. I spin urban music you could say-hiphop, R&B, etc. Should I pay $688 for a new rane ttm56s. I would prefer my mixer have onboard effx. The pioneer is too high right now. What about the PMC 280 by vestax with the innofader. Thanks for any suggestions. All in all I'm looking for a decent scratch mixer. Thx

The 56 is one of the best scratch mixers that money can buy, so if that's what you want, go for it. You could also look at something like a Pioneer DJM-909 which has onboard effects, but it's more expensive. I personally didn't like the faders in the 909, but quite a few scratch and hip-hop DJs use them.

Buy a korg mini kp with the 56. Those mini kps are awesome and cheap.

Tech Guru

Rane TTM 56s and an X1 match made in heaven

you should get a used djm 707 and a midifighter or a X1.

I have the 707 and midifighter combo and it works great. The 707's up faders arent the best but the crossfader is great and even has a tension control.

I use the midifighter with a mapping I made to select tracks, jump between cues, activate loops and turn on the echo freeze (which is pretty much the only effect I use). I could have easily used an x1 instead of the midifighter but I wanted something that could fit above my mixer instead of between my mixer and a 1200.

Definitely worth buying the ttm56s

It's a classic mixer that ages well, durable, and even with constant trashing the faders will continue to perform as if it was new

I'm even considering selling my s4 and go back to using my ttm56s again which has been packed away due to lack of space in my table
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

If you have the opportunity to have a Rane mixer between two 1200s, do it.

Also something to consider, price wise, is that the Rane TTM-56 (which is damned close to the TTM-56s) goes for a LOT less used. And it's still perfectly viable IMO.

If you're looking to upgrade, but don't want to drop a payment that's going to break your bank, I'd suggest keeping on the lookout for them on your local craigslist or check ebay.

I had to drive 2 hours to get mine, but I picked it up for $250. Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

And since you do already have a mixer, you can be patient.

One of my buddies just upgraded from an older Gemini mixer, and it really is night and day difference. I've messed about on his setup enough, and on friends whom have nicer mixers, that I could tell a difference immediately. It's pretty silly how something like this makes such a world of difference.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I had a hard time re-selling my TTM56S 2 years ago for a decent price and ended up selling it for only $450!

Try find a used one. They last long and if anything, Rane's support service is TOP NOTCH!