First Gig last night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First Gig last night

I had my first gig last night and it went amazing. Played for probably 400-500 people, playing mostly hip-hop and rap. Mixed in some old school rap for a little bit and everyone loved it. I had everyone dancing and had 6 or 7 different people come up and tell me i was doing badass.

My only problem is my headphones started cutting in and out half way through, so that made it a little difficult to cue up music. They had another guy come on after i played for about 2 hours, and he slowed the whole night down, after about 30 minutes they asked me to go back on, so i did and started with some up tempo stuff and get everyone back on the dance floor.

Overall it turned out badass, everyone had a good time and even though i was nervous as hell at the beginning i had a bast, i took a few shots before i started and things worked out fine haha. I just have one picture of the setup i wish i would have got a picture of the crowd but ill throw up the one of the setup that i got later on.

good job man...sounds like you did yourself proud...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Where's that pic at?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Its uploading to photobucket right now, the only other problem with the setup is they didnt have any tables tall enough so today my back is sore ha i just had to make due with what they gave me but for only having my gear for like a month and practicing for a month i was pleased, pic will be up shortly.

Thats the Peavey PV215 and the big box behind the table is a CHT 18.2 which is 2 18 inch subs and a 1000 watt amp, so it was plenty loud.

great job
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

A Mixdeck ! Did my first gig on that too Awesome piece of gear to get started on and learn from. I'm selling it now though, upgrading my gear.
    Congrats on your first succes !
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Tech Mentor

that table is industry standard lol, you should be fine if you are under 6 foot =p

i hate being huntched over when playing...which is why i built mine almost chest high...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

thanks for the replies guys, Im about 6"2 so it sucked having to hunch over haha. I actually got to meet one of the club dj's from my town and i was telling him i kinda have just been reading online and practicing and learning on my own and he said let him know and he could teach me a few things.

I also had my Mac but i just hadnt set it up yet, i used Virtual DJ since i was most comftorable with it right now, but im gonna switch to something else here pretty soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast