Pioneer DJM-700 with 2 Kontrol X1s (Cables Requirements)
    Tech Student

Default Pioneer DJM-700 with 2 Kontrol X1s (Cables Requirements)

Hi guys,

I'm sure this question has been asked before and I have researched about it for hours but I have failed to get this information due to my lack of understanding of my equipment as well.

I'm planning to buy a DJM-700 that I'm going to use with two X1s as controllers. I have the Komplete Audio 6 audio interface which as far as I know has only 6 channels. Does that mean I can only have 3 decks if I were to use Traktor Pro 2?

Also, what kind of cables will I need to connect my setup? I use an iMac and I have a pair of Mackie MR5mk2s that's connected to the main outs of the Audio 6.

I have also reconsidered other mixers such as the Xone 42 and Denon DN-X1600 and I know they're better mixers in some aspects but I prefer the Pioneer. The Xone 42 lacks FX which would be troublesome for me in the future as I plan to buy CDJs later to use with the mixer. I only bought the X1s due to budget restriction. The Denon is also a great mixer however I find it complicated to use and it's also less appealing in design. (Yes, I know. By the end of the day design doesn't matter but it does to me as I have more confidence in using them.)

And I don't need the MIDI mapping ability as I intend to go more old-school anyway. Those new digital technologies are harder to understand than, say, Aristotelian logic for me so I'd rather carry a bunch of CDs than get messed up later because something in my laptop went wrong.

Anyhow, I don't intend to create another debate about the two sides. So what do you think about my setup? Thank you in advance.

If you do two track decks and two sample decks you can route both sample decks to the 3rd stereo channel and use them all with the audio 6.

The denon has a soundcard and is scratch certified which is a bonus.

The DJM-700 is a pretty crappy deal. The effects are limited and you lose the inline sound color effects of the djm800 which is one of the biggest things the 800 and 900 have going for them. Don't buy an overpriced mixer for one effects unit, if you must jump on the pioneer train get a used djm-800 for $850.

sounds like you just need rca cables to connect everything and I'm not sure the inout on the monitors but possibly some 1/4" stereo cables or xlrs if they have balanced ins.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    If you do two track decks and two sample decks you can route both sample decks to the 3rd stereo channel and use them all with the audio 6.

The denon has a soundcard and is scratch certified which is a bonus.

The DJM-700 is a pretty crappy deal. The effects are limited and you lose the inline sound color effects of the djm800 which is one of the biggest things the 800 and 900 have going for them. Don't buy an overpriced mixer for one effects unit, if you must jump on the pioneer train get a used djm-800 for $850.

sounds like you just need rca cables to connect everything and I'm not sure the inout on the monitors but possibly some 1/4" stereo cables or xlrs if they have balanced ins.
    Thanks for the reply!

Well, I need at least 3 track decks because I find two decks to be quite limiting sometimes. That's why I wanted to know how many track decks will I be able to use with the Audio 6.

I understand that the Denon has a soundcard but I thought I already have an audio interface so why bother?

I haven't bought it yet but I find a good deal for a brand new unit ($850) and I've looked but can't find a used DJM-800 for $900 or less. Do you have any recommendations on where I can buy them from? I'm going to be playing deep house for the most part so I don't think I will use most of the effects that much anyway.

Thanks for the input nevertheless.

Not really a good deal considering it's just a 4 channel mixer that doesn't feel all that great with one ok effects unit with poor bpm detection. A lot of traktor's effects are better anyway.

The sound color effects on the DJM 800 are much better and more useful since you can use them on separate channels at the same time.

check ebay and craigslsist. Also look into an ecler unless you must have the 'standard'.

3 RCA Cables, 3 USB Cables
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "