Spring break themed "pre-party", music ideas?

Default Spring break themed "pre-party", music ideas?

I have this small "pre-party" which is themed as spring break so I'd need some summer kind of tunes.

The setting is lounge typed 7pm - 10pm, people will be chatting and enjoying themselves and the music should fit to the theme. I have some ideas already but thought it would be nice to get some collective ideas.

Some good summer hits from some years back which are just about not too cheesy and can be played with good taste again. And also some more serious stuff is appreciated as well. People will be dressed to shorts plus sandals even though it'll be -10c outside so it's all for good fun. Party is inside of course though.

People will be listening top40 for the rest of the evening as the party moves to the main parts of the club, so I'd like to offer them some good music which brings back the memories of summer even though the winter is still out there, before they have to listen to the basic stuff for the rest of the night. And I want to get the party started for them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanrii View Post
    I have this small "pre-party" which is themed as spring break so I'd need some summer kind of tunes.

The setting is lounge typed 7pm - 10pm, people will be chatting and enjoying themselves and the music should fit to the theme. I have some ideas already but thought it would be nice to get some collective ideas.

Some good summer hits from some years back which are just about not too cheesy and can be played with good taste again. And also some more serious stuff is appreciated as well. People will be dressed to shorts plus sandals even though it'll be -10c outside so it's all for good fun. Party is inside of course though.

People will be listening top40 for the rest of the evening as the party moves to the main parts of the club, so I'd like to offer them some good music which brings back the memories of summer even though the winter is still out there, before they have to listen to the basic stuff for the rest of the night. And I want to get the party started for them of course.

check out 'the black seeds'
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Spring Break themed music? Just a thought, but this song always reminds me of spring break-

Lords of Acid- Boom I fucked your boyfriend

fat boy slim!
    fuck yea
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    Spring Break themed music? Just a thought, but this song always reminds me of spring break-

Lords of Acid- Boom I fucked your boyfriend
    I say go with "Spank My Booty" or "Rough Sex"
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thanks for the suggestions, could be one good direction to go to atleast towards the end.

It's actually kind of hard just to try and think about what I would listen to if it would be hot summer day out there.

First Three Tunes that popped into my mind,
    Was SummerTime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince,
    Get By by Talib Kweli
    Big Pimpin from Jay-Z

All three of those remind me of spring break/summer time for some reason or another.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just cause I picked this album up and really started listening to it over a summer, this song just strikes good upbeat summer energy for me.

Faith No More - Falling to Pieces
    Last edited by DvlsAdvct; 03-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I'm thinking going with couple of different styles, some good soul/disco/funk and then a bit of summer rap, you know the sound you can cruise around to with your roof down.

And then it would be nice to find more baltimore which has some good samples from 80's or so.

DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud