Sample Decks mapping problem - Traktor Scratch Duo 2 - Akai MPK Mini
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Sample Decks Error Message - Traktor Scratch Duo 2 - Akai MPK Mini

I am maybe missing something simple here, but I can't get the sample decks in Traktor Scratch Duo 2 to map to the Akai MPK Mini's pads.
    (Let me re-phrase that -the mapping is not the problem, I can map them, but they just don't work)
    Something to do with deck activation - look at the error below.
    I can map que points to it no problem and other functions so it's not the midi, but the sample decks keep giving me an error.
    DECK ACTIVATED????

Any help on this would be great.

I have attached to JPG's to show my configuration in the controller manager and also a screenshot of the error message.

Error: Error loading sample slot from deck: Current active deck is not a track deck?????????

(Update:::: I can't trigger sample decks from the computer keyboard now. Is this a bug or something I am missing?)

Thanks
    Last edited by djmodular; 11-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, EKS Otus, Audio 6 DJ, Macbook Pro i7 Quad, Akai MPK Mini, Stanton Decks, Kontrol X1, Mackie D.2, Reaper 4, Ableton Live, Mashine Mikro.
    www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

Tech Mentor

This might not be your problem but I think that's the error message I get when I try to load a file that's too long for the sample deck.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    This might not be your problem but I think that's the error message I get when I try to load a file that's too long for the sample deck.
    It is not the lenth of the sample as it is only short.
    It gives me the error even if I use the computer keyboard, but if I trigger the sample with the mouse it works fine.
    I have attached another image for you to see.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, EKS Otus, Audio 6 DJ, Macbook Pro i7 Quad, Akai MPK Mini, Stanton Decks, Kontrol X1, Mackie D.2, Reaper 4, Ableton Live, Mashine Mikro.
    www.djmodular.co.uk
    Follow me on Twitter

Tech Student

I am having exactly the same problem, any help would be appreciated!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

What are you using Deck D for cus your mapping in the first JPG shows Deck D not Deck C.

Tech Guru

I am having the same issue. I can map all other sample deck functions, but the same error when I try to map Play Primary or Deck Play.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    What are you using Deck D for cus your mapping in the first JPG shows Deck D not Deck C.
    That is not showing Deck D. That is where Traktor cuts off since you cant expand the window. It cuts off the rest of Sample Deck 1 Slot 1

I don't have Scratch Duo and by the looks of it the mapping names are different...

But the message seems to suggest your deck focus is not on a normal deck - make sure you have a normal deck highlighted when you try grab the sample...
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

It's not an issue grabbing the sample. It's an issue when you have it loaded and try to play with a controller mapped to "Play Primary" or "Deck Play."

Hmm dunno then - the message says error loading sample slot from deck - how can that be if you say its loaded already
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast