Mixcloud eliminates 100 mb upload limit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

that's dope. the micro file size was bullshit..

who wants to listen to a 96kbps stream of songs that have already been compressed once or twice. tin can sounding ass foolishness.

no downloads still huh.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    no downloads still huh.
    becoming less of an issue each and every day.

if you follow this whole discussion around spotify and co., you can come to the conclusion that the kids want streams, not downloads

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    becoming less of an issue each and every day.

if you follow this whole discussion around spotify and co., you can come to the conclusion that the kids want streams, not downloads
    that is right as long as it is about single tracks, but i´d rather dl a good mixtape to my ipod and stream it while beeing outa house than streaming it at home...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

yep. quick listen online and download to the pod for a decent listen and burn off to cd later.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The only time I ever listen to mixes fully is when I'm working out at the gym with my iPod.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

People just don't sit at their computer for two hours to listen to a mix.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

tl;dr
    Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    that is right as long as it is about single tracks, but i´d rather dl a good mixtape to my ipod and stream it while beeing outa house than streaming it at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    yep. quick listen online and download to the pod for a decent listen and burn off to cd later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    The only time I ever listen to mixes fully is when I'm working out at the gym with my iPod.
    you guys are all DJs. as such, chances are you consume music in different ways than your average listener.

now, i don't wanna deny that people still download mixes and play them on their portable mp3 player (aka cellphone). i'm just saying that the ways in which people consume music are changing at staggering pace, especially among those less than 30 years of age. (coincidentally, those under 30 are the primary "customers" of DJs as well.)

some make their own playlists on grooveshark. the tracks in those playlists reside in the cloud! others listen to their custom stations on last.fm. again, the music they stream sits in the cloud and not stored on the local computer or mobile device. take spotify. similar story, although you can store some stuff locally with a premium account. take simfy. again, the story is similar. and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    People just don't sit at their computer for two hours to listen to a mix.
    There are millions of people which use a computer (btw, smartphone and tablets are computers, too!) to stream music. no, they don't sit in front of it. but they have it hooked up to their stereo and listen to music while they drink, eat, cook, ****, hang around, work, ...

and streaming becomes more popular when you're on the go as well. a good friend of mine has a one-hour drive to work. he streams music from last.fm over his android smartphone into his car's radio two hours a day. another friend of mine streams a lot using the soundcloud iphone app. etc. etc.

the times are changing. i predict sooner rather than later, it won't matter to most users that you cannot download stuff on mixcloud. to the contrary, the fact that you cannot download on mixcloud gives them a competitive advantage over soundcloud: DJ mixes on soundcloud tend to be illegal (admittedly, it's a bit of a grey area as some labels tolerate it). DJ mixes on mixcloud are legal.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    its showing the tracks in my mixes now tho :P curious how to take it off if anyone knows

The only music I actually have saved are tracks used for DJing (well, I actually DO have a bunch of mixes saved as archives but they're never accessed). For listening I'm always streaming. But, I have an iPhone so I always have access to sc, di, etc... Might be different for people that don't have a player with web access.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast