Recording With Numark V7 Question

Default Recording With Numark V7 Question

Does anyone know how to record with Numark V7's. I cannot find a feature for it in serato itch. Any ideas?

Thanks.

You can't use Itch's record feature with the V7's, sad I know... You'll have to use some 3rd party software and run a line out from the booth or record out on your mixer into the line in on your machine. Audcity is free and its not bad, try that and it should work for you.

Ive actually try'ed audacity. i really dont understand how it works though. but thanks for the reply!

One of my buddies bought one of those portable digital recorder's from guitar center. Runs his record out into that for recording. It works surprisingly well, and doesn't mess with slowing down the computer in any way shape or form.

When he's done mixing, he just plugs in the USB and uploads the file to the computer, and can do whatever with it after.

It's probably something I'm going to be looking into in the near future myself as well, since I don't really want to tie up more of my processing with recording. And it would also be nice to record samples of random stuff as well.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

" You'll have to use some 3rd party software and run a line out from the booth or record out on your mixer into the line in on your machine. Audcity is free and its not bad, try that and it should work for you. "

so i run line out from booth on mixer into line in on one of my V7's? will it pick up the sound from both of my v7's since they are linked?

Tech Mentor

You need to run a twin-phono to mini jack cable from an output on your mixer; Booth or Rec, and feed that mini jack into the line-in port on your laptop directly.

You are using the V7s and your mixer to play, and the computer's built in audio to record.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    One of my buddies bought one of those portable digital recorder's from guitar center. Runs his record out into that for recording. It works surprisingly well, and doesn't mess with slowing down the computer in any way shape or form.

When he's done mixing, he just plugs in the USB and uploads the file to the computer, and can do whatever with it after.

It's probably something I'm going to be looking into in the near future myself as well, since I don't really want to tie up more of my processing with recording. And it would also be nice to record samples of random stuff as well.
    This is exactly the way I do it. I use an portable M-Audio Microtrack II and it records a cd quality wave file. That digital recorder comes in handy once you own one.

I use an audio 4 sound card and audacity.
    V7s plugged into the mixer, the record out on my mixer to the audio 4, the audio 4 into audacity. Easy as can be, no different then recording anything off a real mixer