Documentary on Hospital Records
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Documentary on Hospital Records

Jus got an email from hospital saying about their new 15 years of hospital album and here is a doc to co-inside with that release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCRK...layer_embedded

interesting.... I used to love hospital, now I just think that they are a standard Jumpup label...it really wont happen, but I'd love to see a "behind the documentary" with footage of London Elektricity being asked how much of an influence Good Looking was on the Hospital sound with London getting up with the abrupt "interview over!" nonsense :P
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Mentor

Hahaha, yeah i think they were a big label for dnb fans a while back and now have become very commercial but its not a bad thing for dnb as it encourages others to get involved, i started off loving everything hospital then i found spy, marcus intalex, lenzman, lynx, lsb and so on. but i think they are a great introduction to dnb especially logistics, nutone, cyantific and danny byrd anyone of their first few albums

and im LOVING their little side project medschool. some really great artists coming out of their like bop and unquote

Tech Wizard

Is the documentary called "how to sell the same tune for 15 years"?

They have the occasional great tune, but it's not commercial suicide or moving shadow.

agreed that they aren't really a seminal DnB label, they pushed liquid funk when it was fresh sounding, then got bogged down in making jumpup with strings and horns... as far as medschool goes, really it just seems like they are poaching minimal russian producers that are already on plenty of other labels...
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Wizard

I reread my reaction... came off a bit strong.

At least they are still pushing the sound they loved. There are other artists out there... "sup fresh" horhorhor.

MASSIVE TABLE ENTERING THE SCENE IN MIN 7:14! man i want that thing!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

This is more than just a documentary on the music. Its a documentary on how they have come to exist in their current form, at the top of their game.

I may not love all the stuff they put out, I agree its gone downhill since sick music was released, and I agree that med school is more my vibe. But I love their attitude towards the scene and towards their music and how this has found a way into their branding and their record sleeves.

I have yet to be as inspired by any other dnb label quite as much as hospital.

But if theres anything you should take from this it's how to brand yourself and do it right. Becuase lets face it, theyve done it right. They have the biggest following out of any other current dnb label.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Yeah you are right, there is a lot of hate around for hospital, but you have to respect they have moved with the times and thats why they are at the top.

things like when you buy a vinyl lp you get a cd free all because london elek want to keep vinyl going. it has made me buy more vinyl because of that.

also one of my fav albums is london elek - syncopated citys i cant believe how bad his new album yikes was. such a shame. the last 3 years have gone downhill for my taste in music. including danny byrd rave digger, what was that about when comparing it to one of his first albums medical history which was great

Tech Wizard

I rarely play the tunes, but buy them to listen to at work. The compilations are awesome, cheap, and I really don't need the singles as I rarely play them in a
    set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast