Shipping a flight case?

Default Shipping a flight case?

Hello, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this one... I've just sold my xponent with flight case on ebay and I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way of shipping it to the buyer. I'm not sure if I need to like break down a larger box and make it into a new box to surround the flight case or tape around the case or what. Also, I don't know what the most affordable method is either - I probably should have researched it more thoroughly before selling, but c'est la vie.

Thanks guys.

(US based - sending from Phoenix, AZ to Florida)

Tech Wizard

Default Re: Shipping a flight case?

I don't know if this would be the right thing but what I would do is take foam pieces you get from Staples or Home Depot in the shipping dept, like a foam wrap If they have, really surround it in that really well making sure to get the corners, then use the seran wrap plastic stuff also in the shipping dept to make sure it all stays down, then throw a piece of addressed paper in the top and slap the postage on it.
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Quote Originally Posted by FascistDonut View Post
    Hello, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this one... I've just sold my xponent with flight case on ebay and I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way of shipping it to the buyer. I'm not sure if I need to like break down a larger box and make it into a new box to surround the flight case or tape around the case or what. Also, I don't know what the most affordable method is either - I probably should have researched it more thoroughly before selling, but c'est la vie.

Thanks guys.

(US based - sending from Phoenix, AZ to Florida)
    Take it to a UPS store. They can pack and ship it for ya. I sold a mixer on eBay a few months back in a flight case and they packed it nice for me. paid $35 with shipping UPS ground. I lost $10 on the shipping cost, but oh well. It got there safe and sound, no scratches on the case. Got a nice feedback from the buyer.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Thanks for the info... yeah I realized too late that I screwed myself on shipping costs (only had $15 listed on the auction). Just trying to minimize the damage now (to both my wallet and the package, since I want to make sure it's all good for the buyer).

And it looks like there is actually one less than a block from my house!
    Last edited by FascistDonut; 11-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Tech Mentor

I would just wrap cardboard around it and tape it. this way they cant just open it and look. I do a lot of shipping stuff, so I have tons of boxes and stuff at home. get a price from the store near your house first, some are cheap, some are pricey.

Tech Wizard

I sent a large screen tv via ups they did a great job of getting it to Saipan even if it did cost a chunk of change for them to pack it and send it postal.

It ended up being $76.90 after tax. (item was 17.4 lbs on their scale, in case anyone wants a ball park in the future)

Quote Originally Posted by FascistDonut View Post
    It ended up being $76.90 after tax. (item was 17.4 lbs on their scale, in case anyone wants a ball park in the future)
    Doh!!! :eek:

Lesson learned: Always weigh your stuff and charge accordingly before selling on eBay
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook