Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
@JSM, you were lucky and I'm glad that you were.
But don't do this:

I KNOW how to set up both software and hardware to have maximum performance. And this WAS NOT relate to performance.

The M-Audio Fast Crap Pro unit has a problem with decoupling it's USB data lines from laptop. When it's audio I/O receives DC offset, it affects the data lines and interrupts the packet flow which in turn is reproduced as disconnected unit or loud audible noise.

I have done extensive research on how to remedy this problem and had some luck with this circuit:
Attachment 6695
Some unit owners haven't been this lucky tho. For example, guy named Al Taylor sent me a document (that I'm linking here), which goes into detail how to actually solve this problem.

Don't do what exactly?

Are you saying i'm not allowed to say

LIKE ALL THINGS, IF YOU SET IT UP CORRECTLY IT WILL WORK WELL?

you know i've said it again.

The ground loop noise you say you are experiencing, was not not noticeable on my unit whatsoever. Comparing it to, say the VMS4 it was silent, now that's a unit that should never have been released -

The noise you say you got when disconnecting was documented very early on in the M-Audio forums, and they cured it with a driver, yes I had to wait a long time for a 64bit windows 7 driver, but they did get around to it. The guy who has it now runs a MAC and he's never had a problem, either recording in Logic or DJ'ing with Traktor. He records a number of different sources from microphones to electric guitars ....

Try not being so angry ....there's enough anger in the world already.

Now before you explode, the unit has several advantages over many of the similar priced unit's, being that it can be used to record from a number of different sources, which is one of the OP's requirements.

Now why don't you offer the lad some helpful advice and find similar priced feature rich soundcards, instead of saying it's simply crap.