Traktor Pro skins for laptops? (macbook)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro skins for laptops? (macbook)

Serato has it, Traktor don't. We need this, I need this! A Traktor Pro skin for my macbook keyboard would be awesome. Regardless of what TSI or MIDI device you're using the hotkeys should all be the same, right?

If NI doesnt create one, I will! How can I possibly do this?
    I need:
    1. Hotkey map for macbook keyboard
    2. Silicone-ish material for the skin
    3. Find a way to print the hotkey map onto the skin.

Any thoughts?

Edit: After finding out from my dear friend Google that it's virtually impossible, or atleast very expensive, to print on silicone I think that the easiest and cheapest solution would be to have the keyboard hotkey map printed on basic stickers.
    Last edited by frosse; 03-17-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Everyone here, I can guarantee you, will have a different Hotkey set up if they want. I have a different hotkey set up cause I edited mine. They could print a "standard" one, but most people, I'm guessing, will want to change it once their workflow gets figured out.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

In that case they should sell separate stickers for each available hotkey and a silicone cover so that one could compile a unique mapping

That would be a massive undertaking, and very expensive for both the user and the manufacturer. *shrug* You can always do what Earl-Panda did and just paint your own keyboard.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Why would it be expensive for any party?

I have found several silicone macbook covers at about $20. The only thing left is small stickers with pictures of the function on them? I don't get it? I'm not sure that they would stick very long but what the hell, this is pre alpha stage of my idea!

hehe no no, I understand.

The thing is that there are a large number of commands, and you'd need multiple ones (lord knows I use more than one Play/Pause function.

It probably isn't that hard to do, but right now I'd rather NI focus on, well, making TPro work smoothly and reliably.

Then we get the extras
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Haha yeah true dat, but they could put a trainee on it I def feel what you're saying about making TP work better and with less bugs.

Hell, if there's a list of available hot keys in Traktor I can do my own buttons, but I'm at work now so I dont know if there is.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah go with stickers or get one of those clear keyboard skins and put stickers on the underneath. Ive done both those ways and its always been fine.

No way is N.I. gonna make a keyboard skin like Serato because Everyone has vastly different keyboard layouts. A 'default' layout would be rubbish.
    Traktor has 10,000 (slight exaggeration) features that Serato hasnt got. Who should say what goes on the skin or not. No-one would be happy with it. It would be a bloody nitemare to develop.

It would be cool to get a skin and N.I. made colour stickers that you could print "Your" commands on. Now that would be awesome. But again thats for someone else to develop i cant see N.I ever doing it.

Yeah, it would be really cool for someone to develop a script or something that will allow you to print your hotkey assignments to a keyboard layout, or to a perforated sheet of paper so you can place them on a keyboard layout.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah , its not rocket science either. You can already get Basic Design programs that have templates that print onto any sticker-paper. All that is needed is a sheet of stickers of different colours and a template that you load in the program and type over the sticker you want to use.
    I say its not rocket science, but it is if you cant write the program or make the sticker paper.

There is definitely a market for something like this...

"this time next year we will be millionaires Rodney" (joke for the UK guys)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast