Print CD Labels From Traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Print CD Labels From Traktor?

The short: Im looking for a way to export Traktor playlist details into a custom template for printing CD wallet labels! Please can anybody help? does anyone know a way?

The Long:

Ive been extensively looking for a way to print CD labels from Traktor Playlists. By CD labels i am specifically looking to print just the front of a jewel CD case so i can slip it in front of each disk in my CD wallet

Ive embarked on a project to transform all of the tunes i play in Traktor onto CD's for the purpose of:

1) Practising without Traktor/Software
    2) A backup at gigs when things go wrong (since TSP2 is crashing for me a lot atm )
    3) Its just nice to mix with only CD's sometimes...

So - I've seen that Traktor can export to HTML to be viewed as a webpage. From here that webpage can be printed. However when printing that webpage the spacing isn't very efficient and I'm finding myself copying the page and then pasting into MS-Word to get the layout i want.

Mainly every time i have to adjust the column widths so its the right size for the CD wallet section and then, because of these adjustments copy and paste half the columns into another row below the first ones to keep the text a nice clear size.

So - I'm really looking to export Traktor Playlist details into a Microsoft Word/Open Office template (or any other program if its easier/better) so i can print labels. Normally id do it manually but for ease of use etc I'm only putting a handful of songs on each disc and that means there will be many discs... don't really want this to take the next 6 months.

I know i could just use a CD Pen , or just not be so fussy.... but I've got the handwriting of a cat :eek: and i want all the extra comments and keys i have in Traktor.
    13" Core I7 MBP | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | 2 X Kontrol X1 | 2 X Pioneer CDJ 900's | Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you fancy some Progressive/Tech house sets please check my MixCloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/jeffrey-clark/

Well u have to wait for the cd to burn anyway so why not do it then?

Or...
    Do you have a website running PHP?
    It wouldn't take me long to write a script that splits the xml playlist into a nicer format for you.

Let me know and I'll sort it for ya if needed..
    SC | MC

yeah...

it's called a "sharpie"
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    It wouldn't take me long to write a script that splits the xml playlist into a nicer format for you.Let me know and I'll sort it for ya if needed..
    If you're offering Nicky.........that xml playlist sucks!
    356 reasons why

Ok I'll have a look later, just on my way to lovely Manchester now
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Well u have to wait for the cd to burn anyway so why not do it then?

Or...
    Do you have a website running PHP?
    It wouldn't take me long to write a script that splits the xml playlist into a nicer format for you.

Let me know and I'll sort it for ya if needed..
    Dude that would be awesome!

I personally don't have any web servers running PHP but i can borrow one at work pretty easily . I develop the front end of web sites so i could put together the design i want in HTML/CSS if you could tie up the back end? Let me know.
    13" Core I7 MBP | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | 2 X Kontrol X1 | 2 X Pioneer CDJ 900's | Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you fancy some Progressive/Tech house sets please check my MixCloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/jeffrey-clark/

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I will introduce scripting for my Traktor Scrobbler soon.
    That should solve your problem.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I will introduce scripting for my Traktor Scrobbler soon.
    That should solve your problem.
    I love your Scrobbler HH - Jester put me onto it - that sounds fantastic.
    356 reasons why

whats this scrobbler?

Why not use iTunes ? You can choose various layouts for case inserts and its damn easy.
    Put your music in a playlist, press command+P or ctrl+P, choose your layout, and you're done.
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast