Traktor Output to multiple channels.
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Output to multiple channels.

Hi, i am very new to this world. So please go easy on the jargons

I just bought a Behringer nox303 to learn mixing. Connected to my computer via USB and opened traktor software on my computer. The problem i am facing is both Traktor Deck outputs are routed to one single channel of my mixer. Also my tarktor does not have predefined settings for nox 303 so i am very confused. i have tried changing the output routing settings on traktor but all in vain.

I really appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Many Thanks

the NOX has only one channel for the computer, unless you split that into mono.

The NOX is not for traktor work, it's a regular mixer that can record the mix direct to the PC or playback to one stereo channel.

If you want to mix two channels of stereo or more, the NOX series is not what you need.

You need to buy a two channel sound card and connect that to the mixer.

There maybe a way to combine the PC/MAC soundcard and the NOX using ASIO4ALL (PC) or aggregation (MAC). but the latencies would be horrific.

The other way out of this mess, is to buy a MIDI mixer to control the levels .... but i think an external soundcard would be cheaper.

Sorry about the bad news.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    the NOX has only one channel for the computer, unless you split that into mono.

The NOX is not for traktor work, it's a regular mixer that can record the mix direct to the PC or playback to one stereo channel.

If you want to mix two channels of stereo or more, the NOX series is not what you need.

You need to buy a two channel sound card and connect that to the mixer.

There maybe a way to combine the PC/MAC soundcard and the NOX using ASIO4ALL (PC) or aggregation (MAC). but the latencies would be horrific.

The other way out of this mess, is to buy a MIDI mixer to control the levels .... but i think an external soundcard would be cheaper.

Sorry about the bad news.

Thanks for replying man, really appreciate it.
    I get it now, so the USB interface is just for one single channel in the mixer?

can you give me any other alternative(other than sound card) in which i can at least start mixing with 2 channels, i dont mind starting in Mono. May be some other software or workaround?

Tech Mentor

try combining the NOX soundcrad with your laptop soundcard as JSM said - asio4all on windows an aggregation on MAC. that should get you 2 stereo outs.

connect the NOX usb to your laptop and the 3,5mm out of your laptop to one channel on the NOX (3,5mm to RCA cable needed ofc)
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

PC = ASIO4ALL www.asio4all.com
    MAC = use the inbuilt aggregation (how to's are in this forum somewhere).

The downside (and it will be big) is that the latencies will be very big, i've tried this way in the past and it was unworkable.

If you can't split the NOX's signal into two mono's in traktor, then you can't run 2 channels in mono.

Isn't the NOX audio just a USB cable ? If so, then connect your laptop audio via 3.5mm tot he other audio channel. That "should" get you 2 channels.

Option 2

Buy a MIDI controller, do the mixes internally, output to your mixer and then you can add CD/iPod/Vinyl into the other channel.

I have to ask, why didn't you ask the questions before you bought it? There's a big thread on how unsuitable the NOX series is for digital mixing.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    PC = ASIO4ALL www.asio4all.com
    MAC = use the inbuilt aggregation (how to's are in this forum somewhere).

The downside (and it will be big) is that the latencies will be very big, i've tried this way in the past and it was unworkable.

If you can't split the NOX's signal into two mono's in traktor, then you can't run 2 channels in mono.

Isn't the NOX audio just a USB cable ? If so, then connect your laptop audio via 3.5mm tot he other audio channel. That "should" get you 2 channels.

Option 2

Buy a MIDI controller, do the mixes internally, output to your mixer and then you can add CD/iPod/Vinyl into the other channel.

I have to ask, why didn't you ask the questions before you bought it? There's a big thread on how unsuitable the NOX series is for digital mixing.
    My bad, i bought it without doing complete research and to be honest wasnt aware of this forum.
    Yes, NOX audio is just a usb cable. The first channel has three options /line/phono/USb where as the other two is just line/phono. Thats probaly a clear indication that usb is only for single channel?

What you are suggesting is i connect my PC's output to NOX's Phono/Line input and then redirect traktor's 2nd deck to PC's output?That will give me one channelfrom USb and the other one from PC's audio interface? Did i get that right?

Also if you can send me the thread about NOX mixers , it will be really helpful.

Many Thanks

yep, you got it.

as for the link, i'll look later, but i think it was under the NOX606 heading (or words to that effect). The product designer outlined their reasons for the design. That being analogue mixer with the capability of recording the mix or playing back iTunes or similar from a laptop/desktop.

I have DDM4000 and if the NOX is a similar build, it will be a nice reliable mixer, if on the other hand it's built like its predecessor ...well let's hope it's not.