Install software on a new hardrive
    Tech Wizard

Default Install software on a new hardrive

Hi all,
    so i recently upgraded to a macbook pro.
    i sold my old macbook but i forgot to uninstall traktor 2.
    i now plan on getting a 750gb hdd for my macbook pro and now that i have installed traktor on two hardrives what are my options?

is it as simple as uninstalling it on my current hdd and reinstalling it on my new one?

thanks, mark

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

First off i would email support and get them to send you a new registration and deregister the old one (if possible).

Also, if you forgot to uninstall Traktor does that mean the the Mac has 'your' installation of OSX on it and its still registered to you..? Oopsie.

When selling a Mac you should really reinstall the original OS that came with it and sell it unregistered.

if the buyer has nothing changed (formatted and installed his own OS) he can use your traktor version.

i would contact the NI support for an info.

changing the support center login account password is also an good idea if you have saved your login credentials on your old laptop ^^

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    First off i would email support and get them to send you a new registration and deregister the old one (if possible).

Also, if you forgot to uninstall Traktor does that mean the the Mac has 'your' installation of OSX on it and its still registered to you..? Oopsie.

When selling a Mac you should really reinstall the original OS that came with it and sell it unregistered.
    yea i know ..opps ..

but he said he wiped the hard drive and reinstalled mac osx snow leopard but i dont know were that leaves me :P

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If he has done that then you are in the clear. Just install Traktor on the new HDD.