connecting sp-555 to my dj set-up
    Tech Wizard

Default connecting sp-555 to my dj set-up

Any ideas on possible ways to connect my roland sp-555 to my dj set up for live effects? I can get this to work when i play vinyl but not with traktor... my mixer has got fx in/out and it's a 3 channel mixer.

Surely you just connect the audio out from traktor into the SP555, then route that into your mixer?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

it's really weird, i'm afraid i can blow my speakers easily using it like this, many of the effects create something like resonance and sound gets so harsh, is it just me not knowing how to use it or what? :/

if the mixer has fx send/return - you send your rca out of the mixer send to the sp555 then out of the sp555 back to the mixers return. then each channel should have a wet/dry fx send and voila - you send whichever channels you want to the sp555 and mess with the dry/wet once you've engaged the effect. should be easy as that.

well what sound card are you using for traktor? because as deco pointed out - this should be an easy affair

Tech Wizard

it's all ok now, everything is working fine, i'm using audio 8 dj.
    can't really get all the effects to work, there's like a second track of the current audio that's playing in traktor that gets affected by effects, so it's pretty much like you're putting an effect ON TOP of the track you're playing (which is playing without any effects). But i guess this is the way it's supposed to work? no? thanks for your help so far

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What mixer is it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What mixer is it?
    ecler nuo 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by virmantas View Post
    can't really get all the effects to work, there's like a second track of the current audio that's playing in traktor that gets affected by effects, so it's pretty much like you're putting an effect ON TOP of the track you're playing (which is playing without any effects). But i guess this is the way it's supposed to work? no? thanks for your help so far
    yeah thats how its supposed to work with post fader fx. ecler nuos you can change the fx to pre or post fader. if you want a 100% wet signal you put the send on pre fader and put the channel fader to zero with the send knob at one hundred.

Default SP-555 in DJ environment

I have an Ecler Nuo 3.0 too, connected with a couple of CDJ 100s and I was considering to buy an SP-555
    Since I didn't manage to find anyone using the SP in this way I would like to hear your experience, I would like to know in particular if you managed to sync (manually) the unit with the CDJ's and how did you connect the device (the send/return option looks like a good idea).

Thank You in advance! This thread is like water in the desert for me!