2 parallel setups for TSP2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 parallel setups for TSP2

Ok,

Ordinarily at a gig I use TSP2 with an A8 and 2 decks, with my VCI100SE acting as a MIDI Mixer.

Sometimes it's a utter PITA to fit that all in a booth if it's a wee bit on the small side, and it'd just be easier to use whatever the house mixer is, and have a pair of dicers for cue points etc

I've got the first setup ready to go, but I really don't fancy having to hot swap a known good setup in a booth shortly before playing, to change all the soundcard routings so that the external mixer will work.

Would it be as simple as having two copies of my Traktor settings folder? - one for the VCI100SE and one for the external mixer & dicers and then just rename them such that the one I want to use is 'settings' and the other is something else, I dunno, like Bob or whatever ...

A little help?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I suppose it'll be quicker to have two "traktor settings.tsi" files that you manually rename as needed before firing up Traktor.
    Haven't messed about with full tsi import yet so that's what I'd experiment with first.

Quote Originally Posted by bumtsch View Post
    I suppose it'll be quicker to have two "traktor settings.tsi" files that you manually rename as needed before firing up Traktor.
    Haven't messed about with full tsi import yet so that's what I'd experiment with first.
    Does the .tsi just cover the mappings you're using or the soundcard routings as well do you know?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

My tsi went bust recently and I had to restore from a backup, but I did compare them in a diff-like tool to see what had gone bad.
    This file has all the settings in it, including the audio right near the top. (easy to figure out - it's an xml-like syntax)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Does the .tsi just cover the mappings you're using or the soundcard routings as well do you know?
    I'm pretty sure that it doesn't handle audio settings....
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Just had a rummage and it looks pretty simple ... I'll have a play.

i'm pretty sure you can write a small automator script to rename the files..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    i'm pretty sure you can write a small automator script to rename the files..
    tbh - I probably can't be arsed ... fat finger it in each time I need to change setups which probably ain't that often

@Sherlock Ohms:
    If you select 'audio settings' when exporting the .tsi, then yes it will cover your sound settings. I have two .tsi files prepped at all times; one for my audio 4 setup, and one for my default sound card/keyboard layout just in case something goes wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth View Post
    @Sherlock Ohms:
    If you select 'audio settings' when exporting the .tsi, then yes it will cover your sound settings. I have two .tsi files prepped at all times; one for my audio 4 setup, and one for my default sound card/keyboard layout just in case something goes wrong...
    Ah, that might be a good option 3 - the "oh shit it's all gone wrong and none of my gear works" option

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast