New Novation Product

Default New Novation Product

What do you reckon it might be ?!?!?!?

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/...se-2009-200490

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Interesting. Ill certainly have a look. I just hope its better that the Nocturn which has to be the most promising LET DOWN ever. Theres 100s of pages about that damn thing not working properly. Shame.

It does say 'music making product' i reckon its a 'groovebox/maschine sort of thing with pads. Everyones gone nuts for pads like the monome recently.

Tech Guru

I thought the nocturn was ok for something super cheap. Definately gives you a shitload of controls in a tiny space. Just that all the pots & fader are shit, but if its just for controlling all the minor effects settings n stuff like that its not a biggie. I use it quite well in my setup.

My Nocturn is a $200 dust attractor :\

I to hope its nothing like the Nocturn... i also hope someone can put out a bloody knob box that doesnt consist entirely of rotaries !

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I looked at the Nocturn before i bought my Faderfox DX2 and i though yeah thats cool, has all i needed at the time and was most importantly very small and flat for where i wanted to put it in my setup THEN i read the NI forum thread about the Automap having to be reset every time and half the functions not mapping properly and i figured it was more trouble than it was worth despite being really cheap..
    On the other hand the Faderfox hasnt put a foot wrong and is as simple to use as bread.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    bloody knob box !
    Yeuch.

Tech Mentor

is this the new Novation product?

http://www.novationmusic.com/product...mk_ii?option=1

looks nice