Need good Musis production headphones help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Need good Musis production headphones help!

Im a dubstep/electronica/etc music producer and need some good headphones

anyone can help?
    since its black friday, i need to get them now!

i had sony mdr-v6 but they were crap!

Get down to an electronics store, and try a load on. You need to weigh up comfort and sound quality.

There'll be different criteria for DJ phones and production phones (if you're gonna produce using headphones, that is???)

For production - you'l want really comfy phones. You'll soon know about it if you've worn uncomfortable phones for a couple of hours.

similarly, with DJ'ing, you'l want phones that don't clamp onto your head too hard. Although, you'll only be using them while cuing, so it's not so big an issue for DJ'ing. You'll also need to get WELL MADE, TOUGH phones for DJ'ing. The constant taking on and off, can take it's toll.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

the KRK KNS8400's are really good. Great for long term use and really clean crisp sound. Not overly expensive either. You definitely get a lot of headphone for your money with them.

hope it helps. check out some reviews on them
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Why not invest in some good studio monitors and a studio sub instead?

It's not a good idea to produce in headphones, also the sony mdr-v6 headphones are pretty decent for production, they just have a flat response which is what you want and you're probably used to headphones that boost the low end and color the sound.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 11-25-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Why not invest in some good studio monitors and a studio sub instead?

It's not a good idea to produce in headphones, also the sony mdr-v6 headphones are pretty decent for production, they just have a flat response which is what you want and you're probably used to headphones that boost the low end and color the sound.
    well i have a logitech surround sound setup
    and i was thinking the headphones for macbook pro laptop producing on the road, and when i need to turn the volume down in my room i can use my headphones

I got some AGK 240's and they sound pretty good, but you need some monitors mate, headphones only give you one version of your track. usually totally differnet bottom end to monitors.
    SC | MC

what did u end up getting?
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

well im not sure because i have a logitech surround sound in my room so i didnt buy any monitors but i want some, and i cant find any good headphones because i dont no which to buy first.

but headphones i thought would be my first option since i can make music on my laptop, but i guess headphones suck

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

i had sony mdr-v6 but they were crap!
    Dude I read back on your previous threads, and it sounds like you got Fakes from Hong Kong, as was mentioned to you before by quite an astounding mastering engineer on this very forum.

The real MDR-V6's are most certainly not "crap" and have been industry standard studio phones for over 20 years..

I'd ditch the logitech, they don't make studio gear and it will not match up in response to even a cheap pair of monitors for producing.

Get a set of KRK's as monitors, even M-audio or Behringer Truth's would be better, add a sub later... you might Pick up some Yamaha HSM-20's perhaps cheap on ebay and add an amp.

What is your current setup anyhow e.g. Soundcard, headphones, speakers, computers etc ...

From your previous posts I'm guessing you are on a budget ?

Honestly if you give more info on what you have, we can help more.

i got them on ebay from someone in hong kong or something im not sure,
    all of the sony headsets were like in china for some reason, and so i bought one...

but yea, it sounds a little extra bassy (or in other words blown) and the left side doesnt
    and i looked at the headset, and the blue "L" doesnt look new, it has a little bit of scratches on it, and the right "R" looks new lol /=
    and put them on, and it sounds like the right side of the headphones is like ..blown? or is it supposed to sound more bassy or whatever you wanna call it?
    i dont no /=
    also another thing! the pads on the headsets both kind of pop off? like i can pull the cushion, and one side comes off and i can see inside... ? idk... what should i do?
    Last edited by deevey; 11-29-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Yeah, any sony or pioneer headphone you get from hong kong on ebay new for cheap are definitely fakes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast