HP Touchsmart or Apple Imac

Default HP Touchsmart or Apple Imac

Hey guys im currently trying to buy a new desktop but i got myself in a bit of a dilema.

I went and bought my mom the HP touchsmart with Beats Audio, well she doesnt need a computer now so now i have this brand new touchscreen computer with pretty good sepcs that i paid 700 dollars for.

I had been asking for a new Imac for Christmas, the 21.5" display with 2.7hz quad core processor and 1 tb hard drive.

So should i just keep the HP and use it for in home use for my djing? Or take it back and spend more and get the Imac for myself.

I plan on using it in home to dj, make music, all that stuff. I have a macbook pro for mobile use but not sure if the HP would be a decent computer to use all my gear with and to DJ with.

I honestly just don't see why you don't use the Macbook Pro for everything. But that's my 2 cents.

It's a lot easier IMO sticking with the same platform, though there are some benefits of running two computers with different operating systems.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

The Macbook Pro is a good computer but its getting older and its time for an upgrade so i just want to get a desktop and use it more for school, work, and permanement in home music stuff.

Not really planning on using it in the same way as i do my laptop, which i doubt i surf the internet and stuff like that on it, ill just use the desktop for things like ableton, virtual dj, Traktor etc... and various school programs i need to use.

The Laptob is very good and i love it but its where i download music and pictures and all that so its a bit slow now.

Tech Guru

id get the imac, windows currently has pretty poor touch intergration that will change in 8. however the resistive screen on the touchsmarts aint that great either

i'd get a newer MBP and a big screen..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

^ what he said
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.