Virtual DJ or Traktor?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Screw Traktor & VDJ!

Its all about how much Torq you've got
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    however i did find traktor much more powerful, much more reliable and a whole lot more support, i was greeted with nothing but arrogance at the vdj forum.
    +1. When I used Virtual DJ, a long, long time ago, I had a problem. Went over to the Virtual DJ Forum and didn't really get my question answered. First there were people saying I should register my Serial Number before they would help me. WTF?

Yes, a lot of arrogance there and they have a star system or something like that. So people with 5 stars feel really good... F*ck them!

Traktor's support (from the forum) is excellent and even here you'll have more than good support! I like Traktor's enhanced features and NI makes hardware (Traktor Kontrol X1) that goes perfect together with Traktor!

i started out with the vdj le that came with my hercules mk2, it was fine as a first app to see if i liked purely digital dj'ing or not. i haven't tried the full vdj, mostly decided to go with traktor due to all the support for it on this forum.

i love the effects stuff in traktor and not sure quite what the full vdj has.

vdj is way more configurable than traktor tho, with builtin scripting to do almost anything - traktor is very limitted in comparison. i've seen some really complex custom vdj configs that people have created that are only possible in traktor with middleware software like my midimasher. someone posted a slicer implementation a few days ago for vdj using only it's built in config.

personally i preferred the waveforms in vdj, but didn't care too much for the skinning, tho traktor could do with at least some more flexible layout options.

you can also (i think) theoretically have as many decks in vdj as u like - not limitted to 4 as in traktor.

u have to try the demos of each to decide really. support here on the forum for traktor along with the effects units have to be two good reasons for going with traktor.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by Will_D View Post
    Screw Traktor & VDJ!

Its all about how much Torq you've got
    i tried the torq2 demo and thought it was pretty cool - but having already invested in buying traktor not sure i want to fork out for a copy of torq. it has a pretty cool xml config language tho from what i remember. no clue why torq is so unpopular here. almost wish i had waited and then decided between torq and traktor.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

are you still restricted to the horrible connectiv soundcard in torq? if not it might be worth another look..
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    are you still restricted to the horrible connectiv soundcard in torq? if not it might be worth another look..
    i'm pretty sure torq2 lets u use anything, the spec page just says "Multi-channel audio interface recommended"

hey can you give some tips for Dj .. Because i am studying Dj studies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123