please help me with my situation :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honestly man, it sounds like you might be SOL. If you can't get the company, and no longer live in the UK.... Man, I just don't know. Sorry to hear about the situation.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

you need something that makes a statement and says don't f@#k with me... a molotov usually gets peoples attention, or so i've heard... or if you want to be sensible, do what you are doing and spread awareness within the dj community, but make sure the owner knows your spreading it, but you may need to cut your losses.

you could also go to consumer affairs
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Why would it be a problem that you left the UK? The item was still bought there and the company have to follow UK laws, and they are still in business... If the error was detected less than 6 months after you purchased it I think it the seller that has to prove that it was you afflicting the unit some sort of damage, if it's more you have to prove it was faulty from the start... Atleast that what the "consumer office" here in Sweden has to say about UK consumer rights laws. So, if it was less than 6 months before you made you first claim about the unit being faulty (save the e-mail you first sent, could be used as evidence) you should be able to at least get a new unit...

Tech Mentor

How did you pay for it? The credit card co will be able to advise you legally and be able to extract a refund from them for you.

Or send the retailer a letter by recorded post asking for a refund as the time taken to replace the item is unreasonable.

If you registered the unit with the manufacturer they may help you if you mail them and explain what has happened, if you're not really looking to get refund and want a replacement unit.

I never wait this long to take legal action. I dunno how it works in the UK but over here I would contact the credit card company, consumer affairs office and would try my very best to have this people in court or at least heavily fined up their asses.

You see, Im that kind of person who appreciated honesty a little bit too much. Fail at that and I'll be on your ass until I get back at you.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Wizard

i paid for it using my debit card and got an e-mail with my receipt. unfortunately I couldn't register that item with the manufacturer because I didn't really get any warranty documents or anything when i bought it... so your'e saying that i can contact my bank and make them to get that refund for me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12