Well it's official... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LOL! At least you got a gig this month! Let's see how December poops the gigs out...
    Erase. Stop. Start.

We've just opened on fridays again for the first time in 2 years and I've been tasked with trying to get at least a few hundred into a 1200 capacity club, the town is dead on fridays so it's fair to say I'm fighting a losing battle.

But I just rock up play as a hard as I can play requests have a laugh and see what happens, My friday was pretty much the same as ATX
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

@lecko, where abouts are you, im in the east midlands?

three weeks ago when i took over my friday residency, i had 40 people in a 600 room, it was soul destroying but carried on and sucked it up tried a few new tracks and experimented a little and at one point i had 39 out of the 40 on the dancefloor. you just got to deal with it, the week after we had 80 in and this week we had 250. so im not worried about it its getting better.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

its all word of mouth.. personally i find when gigs are dead and you play to the people who are there and make sure they have a baller time... more always show up the next week.

its word of mouth -- put on an awesome time, make friends, and play good tunes -- and eventually, they will come. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

I've noticed this recently. I sell tickets for a few different nights in leeds and last two weeks my ticket sales have been half what they usually are. Probably something to do with all the students being poor again. That or how cold its got here recently.
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    @lecko, where abouts are you, im in the east midlands?
    I'm just outside of Leicester, little old Hinckley

Where abouts are you?
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ST.PE` View Post
    this. Wednesday before thanksgiving is the U.S.'s biggest drinking/club night besides christmas night.
    Actually, it's still bigger. Ask anyone who runs the numbers on bar sales, and they'll tell you... nothing comes close to thanksgiving eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    I'm just outside of Leicester, little old Hinckley

Where abouts are you?
    aaah not far then, im in corby, northants, was in leicester tonight, just shot over for a quiet couple and ended up in republic, main room was absolutely packed!! artful dodger PA, who says garage is dead??

ps sorry to stray ot
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    aaah not far then, im in corby, northants, was in leicester tonight, just shot over for a quiet couple and ended up in republic, main room was absolutely packed!! artful dodger PA, who says garage is dead??

ps sorry to stray ot
    My mate Simon dj's one of the rooms in there, think it's the retro room?? He's usually in fancy dress I think

Thing is I don't always play there on Friday nights. So kinda hard to build my crowd. There are 4 DJ's at the club I play at and we rotate. For Nov, I played 2 Fri (one was the slow night) and 1 Sat. Next month, I have 3 Sat. (one being New Years Eve) and 1 Fri. night.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast