massive xone db4 usb driver problem !!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default massive xone db4 usb driver problem !!!!!!!

greets,

i have a macbook pro from late 2009 with c2d 2,53 ghz, 8gb ram, 60 gb ocz vertex 2 ssd and 720 gb internal in an adapter instead of the superdrive. i use mac os x lion 10.7 but it was the same with snowleopard.

yesterday i found a problem in my new set up. i even formated my mac because i thought the problem comes from my computer but itīs the xone db4.

everytime i power the the xone db4 with usb conected on the cpu activity reaches about 60 percent in midiserver.

when i start traktor it reaches 80 percent and if i start maschine with traktor virtual midi sync on, midiserver reaches 98-105 percent and after a few minutes maschine freezes.

if i use a audio 8 dj for traktor and the internal mac soundcard for maschine midi server reaches 30 percent and i have no freezes !

is my mac too weak for the audio interface and midi capatibilities of the xone db4 ???

can anybody confirm this???

i use istat menus 3 for reading my activities but itīs the same in the mac activity control.

i never had this problems with my traktor kontrol s4.

i love the xone db4 and want to use itīs incredible soundcard and the midi shift function.

is this a driver problem which can be eleminated or is the db4 so cpu hungry ???

Tech Wizard

nobody ? mix architekt told me that there are many people with similiar macs like mine have cpu spikes with the interface and different software.

who can confirm this ?

I haven't noticed any issues on my end like this.

Tech Wizard

what is your computer configuration? and do you use mac or pc ?

Quote Originally Posted by beatkind View Post
    what is your computer configuration? and do you use mac or pc ?
    Macbook pro june 2010 I think i7 and 4gb ram. which reminds me i need more ram.

Tech Wizard

i donīt think you need more ram... iīve got 8gb and in the system monitor even if i use traktor and ableton with maschine and lots of plugs loaded, iīve got always 4-5 gb free. the only real performance jump is an ssd drive.

The macbook should be more than capable of handling it, its most likely a probelm with the driver i think.

Tech Wizard

thats what i think to... and even mix architekt said he knows there are cpu problems with some macs and the xone db4.

Quote Originally Posted by beatkind View Post
    i donīt think you need more ram... iīve got 8gb and in the system monitor even if i use traktor and ableton with maschine and lots of plugs loaded, iīve got always 4-5 gb free. the only real performance jump is an ssd drive.
    Yeah but they are expensive to get any decent capacity and I would want at least 500gb. That or I would take out the optical drive and put in an SSD for all my apps and boot stuff but that gets complicated.

Tech Wizard

when i plug the xone db4 in my macbook and turn it on the cpu usage rises straight to about 60 percent, now when i open traktor it reaches the limit area from 80-90 percent and when i turn on maschine itīs over, maschine crackles and freezes then. but itīs not the programms itself...itīs the core midiserver process which uses all the cpu but just when the xone is connected. right now i onlay use my audio 8 with cinch cables in the xone. itīs frustrating :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast