Well it's official...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Well it's official...

....back in Aug. my night at the club I play at had the highest grossing bar sales ever since it opened in Feb. :eek:

Last night, I had lowest grossing bar sales ever since the club opened. :eek:

This club has a max capacity of 600 ppl. Last night if we broke 75 ppl, I would've been surprised. Holy cow man, that was a beating. The last hour, there was only 5 people left a couple and a group of 3 chicks plus the bar manager and a bartender. I ended up just dancing around with the 3 chicks the rest of the night. I did not even bother mixing the last 2 hrs. I was just fading in/out songs that people requested. Played a couple of songs twice even.

I wouldn't wish a night like to any DJ. Got paid though, so that was good.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Yea, happened to me twice this year...First time there was some big concert in my town, so almost all clubs were empty that night. Had like 10 people and and another group of 15 people which were club owner's guests, since he got son born that day. Well, at least I was drinking whiskey on owners tab all night!

it was the same around here last night. most places were quiet.

I played a gig in October that had a total of 15 people by the time I was done. My set was from 9 to 10. I opened.

The event was really poorly promoted.
    Traktor Pro(gigs)
    Ableton Live(producing and live shows)
    Hercules RMX
    Novation Lauchpad

damn that must suck man.
    i've done house parties bigger than 75...
    at least you got paid!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    ....back in Aug. my night at the club I play at had the highest grossing bar sales ever since it opened in Feb. :eek:

Last night, I had lowest grossing bar sales ever since the club opened. :eek:

This club has a max capacity of 600 ppl. Last night if we broke 75 ppl, I would've been surprised. Holy cow man, that was a beating. The last hour, there was only 5 people left a couple and a group of 3 chicks plus the bar manager and a bartender. I ended up just dancing around with the 3 chicks the rest of the night. I did not even bother mixing the last 2 hrs. I was just fading in/out songs that people requested. Played a couple of songs twice even.

I wouldn't wish a night like to any DJ. Got paid though, so that was good.
    Are you in the US? Thanksgiving weekends are often deader than usual because everyone's home with their families and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    Are you in the US? Thanksgiving weekends are often deader than usual because everyone's home with their families and shit.
    this. Wednesday before thanksgiving is the U.S.'s biggest drinking/club night besides christmas night.

That weekend like thursday thru saturday is usually dead. people spent all their money shopping and/or traveling back home.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Quote Originally Posted by kilen View Post
    damn that must suck man.
    i've done house parties bigger than 75...
    at least you got paid!
    Yes it did, it made for a long night. Typically we are around 400+ ppl on a Fri/Sat nights

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    Are you in the US?
    Yep, Dallas area..
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Mentor

Playing for an empty room sucks but its just part of the game. Try and learn from the experience any way you can.

Basically what CryderSteez said.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast