help with this purchase
    Tech Mentor

Default help with this purchase

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41172

is that a good deal? im getting into djing for clubs, parties etc. and i dont have any sets of anything besides my laptop now, and i need a dj setup.im not sure if the traktor s4 and everything else listed is good or if cdjs are better, or not

because i want to learn and spend religious time practicing and djing for my dubstep music i make, and dj at parties and stuff for fun
    Last edited by rawrjaay; 11-27-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Is it what you want? if answer == yes; buy. If you come out of that with gear for 1000 bucks it's money well spent, keeping in mind that it is what you ACTUALLY want, and not what you think you want based on a post or two in the S4 subforum.

And you're getting into DJ'ing as a hobby, that you hope to maybe parlay into a job if one day you are lucky, skilled, and dedicated enough to do so. What you should do, is learn how to punctuate properly . It's an invaluable skill, that aids in making your post easier to read for those of us who don't require helmets for everyday life.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I personally think the S4 is a great beginner controller.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I personally think the S4 is a great beginner controller.

you really think so? can i use that instead of cdjs?
    or do cdjs have to be something i look into buying in the near future

because it looks like the s4 has a built in mixer and fader but with cdjs id have to buy an extra mixer along with two cdjs right?

if you bought the s4 now, you could upgrade to real decks (tts or cdjs) and use it as a scratch mixer....

personally i think its a great all around piece of gear, for beginners and pros alike. not to mention it opens the door to a quick upgrade to timecode without buying a new soundcard or analogue mixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    It's an invaluable skill, that aids in making your post easier to read for those of us who don't require helmets for everyday life.
    I LOL'd to that, I was going to say you Sir are a jackass, as the OP's punctuation wasn't terrible, but that line made up for it.

And before you get up me about using LOL'd, It should now be considered a word, therefore acceptable for use in forums as an Infinitive verb...

now back to talking about the S4 or whatever, wait for the VC1-400.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nesquigs View Post
    if you bought the s4 now, you could upgrade to real decks (tts or cdjs) and use it as a scratch mixer....

personally i think its a great all around piece of gear, for beginners and pros alike. not to mention it opens the door to a quick upgrade to timecode without buying a new soundcard or analogue mixer
    ok cool, im really thinking of what to get im trying to learn more and more
    because i make music and i have ableton suite 8 and music, now i need to learn to display my music and other music by dj'n a little bit for parties and such, so i need something like the s4 or cdj's

another thing, can i ask what your quote means about skrillex? cause hes my inspiration and i love the guy, but i no you dont lol. can you elaborate why? (:

Quote Originally Posted by rawrjaay View Post
    ok cool, im really thinking of what to get im trying to learn more and more
    because i make music and i have ableton suite 8 and music, now i need to learn to display my music and other music by dj'n a little bit for parties and such, so i need something like the s4 or cdj's

another thing, can i ask what your quote means about skrillex? cause hes my inspiration and i love the guy, but i no you dont lol. can you elaborate why? (:
    I can answer that, because it all sounds the same...
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!