a new controller .... but which one?

Default a new controller .... but which one?

Hey people out there!
    this is my first post here so please be kind
    i am in a mental crisis at the moment. I want to buy a new controller (my old Reloop Digital Jockey 2 is out of date i think, and the cue cup and play buttons are driving me mad for reacting not as i wish them to!)

I am not quite sure whether to buy the new vci 400 from vestax or the mc 6000 from denon. The only thing i am sure about is that i want a case with a laptop stand that can be pulled out to have a secure base on every gig and on the transport.

I am from europe, germany so i hope you can understand my decent english ;D
    Want to hear what you think about these two controllers. Also played around with them at the local "Elevator Music Store" in Münster but i am not quite sure about them. The S4 (hope not to annoy somebody) seems to me like a plastic box and the feeling (for me) was not that well i expected it to be.

thank you for reading and all further answers! (hope to be on the right topic)

Tech Mentor

I think the VCI-400 looks fantastic and isnt linked with any software which appeals to me. I have always been a fan of Vestax though. What about the new Xone K2 controllers?

Between the new vci 400 from vestax or the mc 6000 from denon I would pick the Vestax. I honestly havent seen in person the VCI-400 but I think of it as a bigger VCI-100 with an S4 layout with VCI-300 platters (the best controller platters for scratching). Try them all if you can, I would if I could
    Erase. Stop. Start.

The K2 reminds me of the traktor kontrol x1. already thought about a purchase (or 2) but one solid unit seems more convincing to me.
    Yeah i think the vci really kicks some ass with its possibilities. Simply the custom overlays one can prepare are awesome!
    I just definitely miss the booth monitor control the mc6000 has...
    In addition the microphone echo and the ducking function are things denon offers.

Still not sure :/

I don't know what program you run but i'll say the same thin as I did on the vdj forum... just map a knob under a shift to control the booth out, or get audio 2 soundcard and have that running to your monitors, and just use the built in volume knob to adjust the volume... the mc-6000 although fully featured is far too cramped and the jogs are far too small to be useable for djing, and I don't know about you but if I rocked up to a club with that tiny thing I just wouldn't feel right, although maybe you could turn it into an oversized effect/loop unit with some clever mapping and use the house cdj's for timecode lol

I'd go with the VCI-400 it will be the new standard in controllers, it's big enough but still portable, and no doubt for all you midi fighter whores, there will probably be a way to replace the top 16 pads when released, by using a plate and the smaller buttons, then just change the bottom four buttons of the grid to the 6 buttons below under one of the shifts... it's only a matter of time till someone hacks one up.

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!