Serato Itch vs. Virtual DJ! Question

Default Serato Itch vs. Virtual DJ! Question

Im looking to buy a new controller. One Im looking at is the Mixdeck limited edition blue w/ Serato Itch, and the other one Im looking at is the Mixdeck Express w/ virtual dj. My question is, is Serato Itch a better program than Virtual DJ and why? This info could help me make my decision. Can You help?

You should download the free VDJ Trial available on their website to play around with, and download Serato DJ Intro (even though not exactly the same as Itch) to get an idea of what the differences are. You will immediatly have a preference.
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.M.I.T. View Post
    You should download the free VDJ Trial available on their website to play around with, and download Serato DJ Intro (even though not exactly the same as Itch) to get an idea of what the differences are. You will immediatly have a preference.
    Ok. Ill give that a try. Hope that helps.

Tech Guru

Serato Itch does not come with the Mixdeck. Serato Intro does. I'm a big fan of Serato Itch and SSL, I think they are both more professional products than VDJ.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

its the age old question: serato vs. virtual dj.

It all comes down to what you like. Virtual dj is very common in euro and serato is common in US.

Usually a lot of ppl start with vdj to learn since it is easier to pick up and then they move to serato (i did this).

so try both of them out and go with whatever u feel like. as long as u can rock a crowd and have a good time, it dont matter what ur using.
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    its the age old question: serato vs. virtual dj.

It all comes down to what you like. Virtual dj is very common in euro and serato is common in US.

Usually a lot of ppl start with vdj to learn since it is easier to pick up and then they move to serato (i did this).

so try both of them out and go with whatever u feel like. as long as u can rock a crowd and have a good time, it dont matter what ur using.
    I guess what I also want to know is can they do about the same things?

more or less, they r both good softwares, both have pros and cons, but yes, u can mix and pkay with fx on either of them
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n

They both cover the same things.

Consider Serato products (overall, Itch, Scratch Live, Intro) being a more minimalistic approach in that, you basically only have what you need. The interface isn't interchangeable, but it's also incredibly smooth. It's EXTREMELY stable, and there are free updates for life.

VDJ can do more. You can change the skin of how it looks, video is built in to the higher end versions, and I believe VST support is already there or coming soon. It's known by some to not be as stable as other software choices, but that also can be how people run their machines (some people swear by it). A lot of people start off with VDJ and then end up moving onto different software choices.

Honestly if I had to personally pick between the two, I would go with any Serato product in a heartbeat. I just love the flow of Serato products, love how the interface looks, and think it honestly just works really well. I've tried Torq, VDJ, Mixxx, Traktor, and the Serato line... and I just prefer Serato's products.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    more or less, they r both good softwares, both have pros and cons, but yes, u can mix and pkay with fx on either of them
    I've played with itch a few times in the store but I've never gotten a chance to play wit vdj.

Dj F.a.R.h.A.n