One night Club Event
    Tech Mentor

Default One night Club Event

Hey DJTTers,

I live in a small town in Pennsylvania, where the only entertainment is an under-21-club that is pretty trashy, and terribly run. There's roughly 70,000 people in the area (not all kids, obviously) and my brother has been tossing around the idea of a one night club-type event graduation weekend. There's a huge warehouse that we would rent, rent a huge sound and lighting system, hire a Pittsburgh based Dj, and make it an exclusive, all-out event. Has anyone tried this? How much would it cost? How much could you charge? Is there any way to make solid profit? or is it all just a waste of time and cash? Give as much help as you can, and thanks!

Only you know the answers... How am I supposed to know how much this "warehouse" would cost. how big is it? location? will you serve alcohol? security? permits? going rate of djs in your area? how long will he play? how big is your demographic? how would you advertise?

none of us mind helping but we aren't getting paid to do all of the work. you have to help us before we can help you.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Tech Mentor

pm'd

Quote Originally Posted by sphilibin View Post
    or is it all just a waste of time and cash?
    Look at the history of event promoters in your area, how many have done it successfully for a long time, and how long it took them to do events before they started making a decent profit. Then ask yourself if you are willing to do the same.
    The only thing I can tell you is that if you're worried about breaking even/making money before you've done even 1 event, move along... this isn't for you.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sphilibin View Post
    Hey DJTTers,

I live in a small town in Pennsylvania, where the only entertainment is an under-21-club that is pretty trashy, and terribly run. There's roughly 70,000 people in the area (not all kids, obviously) and my brother has been tossing around the idea of a one night club-type event graduation weekend. There's a huge warehouse that we would rent, rent a huge sound and lighting system, hire a Pittsburgh based Dj, and make it an exclusive, all-out event. Has anyone tried this? How much would it cost? How much could you charge? Is there any way to make solid profit? or is it all just a waste of time and cash? Give as much help as you can, and thanks!

You can make a profit, but you have too put in some serious work into the promotions side of the game. Your a DJ, and even though promoters and Djing are tied together, they are two different games. Not saying you couldn't do it, but like i said, its a different game. You need to have a following. You need to have a crowd. To make something like this successful you have to have a reputation that your events are off the fucking wall crazy and everyone that comes is gonna have a blast. Reputation is key. That's just a lil bit of the promo biz. There's a lot more too that line of work in order to make a successful event, much more for a bigger event like your planning. (you'd probably be dishing out a lot of $$ btw)

Bottom line is, if this is your first event I would not recommend it. Get a small house or small venue too throw your first event. But even still, venues are gonna want $$
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

Tech Mentor

After the research we've put in, the under 21 club has the perfect foundation to have a huge club events, just the people who run it do a terrible job, so we're going to approach the person who owns the building, and is the "head-honcho" and try to take it over. There are about 5 big public schools around here, and right now, the only get kids from one of those schools, so with a better club atmosphere, we could really have some big ass parties once or twice a month.

That said, any pittsburgh Dj's, send me contacts, we're sure that if (and i emphasize IF) we can take control of this place, we want a huge Pittsburgh based dj to come in for the opening. E-Mail addresses are great

gluck with everything!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

Well, it's only taken absolutely forever, but after teaming up with a local university, we're gonna do it! One night, in a pimped out log cabin, we're gonna party hard, 15-20 yearolds.

DJTT Post: http://cl.ly/3T2H2P0u3i100J0k1J2J
    My Facebook Page: http://cl.ly/0C133Q2a2K2Z2p2E0E0X (check out the picture of my booth!)
    Facebook Event: http://cl.ly/260s1i1i0u0P2s2k1X3O

Email me st stevephilibin@gmail.com if you have any questions!(: